2020 Meal Planning Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I see i haven't posted in awhile but i have been mostly using things from pantry and freezer have added a few things got add more meat pretty soon still got a little hamburger,chicken and bacon in freezer.

Menu for 2/17--22
    bacon,hash browns,scrambled egg,toast
    cheeseburger,salad
    Some kind of beans,fried potatoes,turnip greens
    Spaghetti,meat,sause
    Veg,soup
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ruj I always put BBQ sauce on top of my meatloaf. I always use Worcestershire sauce in the mix also, and some parmesan cheese and Lawry's season salt. I'm looking for a hot sandwich recipe (oven?) for when my friend comes for lunch next week. Our birthdays are both in February. When we go out she always orders a hamburger... I'm thinking hot ham & cheese or something like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- Happy Birthday! Ham & cheese braid or on Hawaiian bread sounds good to me....

I was craving chicken this week. I got a pkg. I'm craving soup too so I have to buy the chicken noodle online as the stores don't carry it anymore...

Here's a tentative menu:
    - DH's smoked chicken for bbq chicken sandwiches
    - smoked chicken used in chicken/asparagus/ cream of chicken soup noodle skillet
    - bagel sandwiches w/ leftover deli meat
    - beef enchiladas
    - breaded chicken with bacon cornbread

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I may have to get more vegetables this week, I'm not entirely sure what we have.

-- chili from pantry items
    -- bacon wrapped turkey, l/o chicken rice pilaf
    -- cream of broccoli soup, sandwich?
    -- baked fish, corn
    -- chicken in black bean sauce, rice, veg
    -- pork chops, stuffing, veg
    -- potluck w/ friends
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made spanish rice and put in rest of leftover turkey, there are leftovers from that.
    Potato, ham & cheese soup in the crock pot
    Free birthday burger at Red Robin
    Need to think of lunch when my friend comes on Friday. I think I want to do some sort of breakfast / french toast casserole. Pre-assemble and just have in the oven, along w/ fruit salad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've given up on meal planning. At least for a while. I plan meals and then something comes up or we have a bunch of leftovers or we just don't feel like what was planned. Or we had a big lunch and just want to "snack" for dinner. So my freezer is full. I didn't buy much last shopping trip. Just trying to use up what we have.

Tonight may be fish with sweet potatoes and turnips. Dh's request. He's also been talking about egg salad sandwiches. We'll see what he feels like when he gets home. And that's what I'm talking about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know what you mean. My plan is not set in stone either. Monday we decided on the spur of the moment to go see a movie, and that meant eating out. So tonight we are having Monday's dinner, and the frozen fish I had in the plan for tonight can stay in the freezer for next week. DH takes leftovers for lunch, or if I see that a lot are accumulating I scratch a frozen/pantry meal in favor of what's already cooked and needs eaten. Some weeks I know we will have a lot of leftovers and I plan a night for that.

Mostly I menu plan so that I can use up what is in my freezer and pantry, and not get stuck in a repeating cycle of chicken and ground beef dinners while the ribs and salmon get frostbitten. If I know I have all the ingredients, I put it on the plan. Nothing I dread more than being in the middle of cooking and finding out I don't have that jar of sauce or can of tomatoes....
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Ruj I always put BBQ sauce on top of my meatloaf. I always use Worcestershire sauce in the mix also, and some parmesan cheese and Lawry's season salt. I'm looking for a hot sandwich recipe (oven?) for when my friend comes for lunch next week. Our birthdays are both in February. When we go out she always orders a hamburger... I'm thinking hot ham & cheese or something like that.
    mmm reminds me of meatloaf sandwiches from leftovers..think I need to make a meatloaf!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes I kinda plan... depends on how much leftovers I have too and what type of day I am having. did a roast chicken etc sunday but still leftovers sitting in the fridge ..teens you never know.. has gone though the ramen etc. his friends of course pizza bites etc.

dh started complaining no hotdogs for a while so said well great do it monday dinner not my problem lol last night got chinese food from xmas gift money so leftovers tonight of both. I just figure if I have the stock stuff to make easy decisions then keeps us from eating out. if I look in the freezer and something needs using then I try to plan for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a meatloaf fan, sandwiches too. At least I get several meals out of one, instead of one meal. I added leftover turkey to Spanish Rice, hubby liked that. So could use leftover chicken next time. Leftover ham was added to potato & cheese soup yesterday, I have plenty of leftovers from that also. I really like having minimal cooking effort several days a week. So tonight I just prepared carrots for steaming to go w/ Spanish Rice & turkey. That gave me time to bake bread and make a pan of choc chip cookies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wish we had leftover meatloaf. Mine are small, and if there is one piece left DH takes it for lunch and I never get my sandwiches.

Dlr, yeah, rice is great for leftovers. Good in soup, too. Got a wild rice pilaf going tonight, half will end up in the freezer for later.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The weather has been every bit an icy wind that will cut through the skin..Snow still here and more on the way... So, hot food when I can... I have items to use/thaw for this week. Will spend a night out with church friends for dinner.

- ham/turkey/cheese meltie in the oven
    -sloppy joes
    -chicken noodle soup
    - fish sandwiches from McD's using gift cards
    - breaded pork loins, spinach, rolls

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy week ahead. Events over the next weekend. Weather is going to warm up a little.

-- sausage and potato hash, veg
    -- black bean chicken, rice, broccoli
    -- egg salad, asparagus salad
    -- l/o corned beef, vegs
    -- chicken, veg
    -- out
    -- out
    -- out/potluck?

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Meatloaf sounds so good. That maybe dinner next Sunday. I love leftover meatloaf sandwiches. I'm going to plan that for next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went through pantry: making orange nut bread (use up some artificial sweetener), found dried Northern beans to make soup w/ ham bone from freezer on Thursday. Hubby won't eat but I can freeze, maybe my brother would like some. Tonight 1 chicken breast from freezer/sour cream over noodles (found 2 opened packages in pantry). Still leftovers of gumbo and potato/cheese/ham soup.

A store here has the plant-based "meat" on sale $5/lb. I really like the idea of more vegetarian. Anybody know if this freezes well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast