Freezer/pantry challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey girls, it's been a while. I'm going to have to jump on this bandwagon. I will only be buying dairy, produce, bread and a small amount of things for lunches for the kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to get in on this challenge as well -- I went to put something in our freezer the other day and couldn't find any room! We need to use up some of our freezer food and clear the way for newer stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good job everyone. Just trying to revive it. I cooked a turkey yesterday. I refroze cut up turkey to make casseroles later. It saved some room and got me to thinking of future meals.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need this challenge as well for the month of May. I have so much "stuff" in both the pantry and freezer that needs to be used up. I'll probably come up with some interesting dishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well my freezer is finally half to 2/3 empty. I can't believe it's taking so long! But I can't turn down food when it's on sale. I'm thinking I'll actually defrost the freezer before it gets too warm outside. Don't want stuff thawing out while it's defrosting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Time for me to start again. I am going to try to do the $25 a week per person challenge for the month of Dec. In order to succede, I will need to use up some of the stuff in my freezer and pantry. I enjoy watching people eat through their lists, but I have so much food crammed into my freezer and pantry and every other storage place I am not sure I could list it all. I will try to list as I use it. Hopefully if I post it here I will keep with it. I always (about once a month) say I am going to do this and never get it done.

I also need to defrost the extra freezer really badly. Hopefully I can get this done by January 1!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have "clean out cabinets and freezers" on my to do list this weekend so I'll jump in for December.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to participate in this as well for December. I keep a freezer inventory but not a pantry inventory. My poor pantry is bursting at the seams, it's so full. I need to check expiration dates and use some items for food bank donations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am jumping in can't seem use up much stuff in freezer seem like i take out one thing put 3 things in and i need defrost freezer.so going try make meals from freezer and pantry for awhile just buy milk,eggs,freshfruit for awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm getting a little help in the way of a mouse!! So far I have had to throw out

1 bag of chocolate chips( what a world)
    1 bag of powdered sugar
    1 bag of brown sugar
    1 bag of Kluski noodles
    1 bag of soup beans

Thank goodness the freezer is off limits for this little pest. I've been cleaning out the cabinets and putting as many things in plastic containers as I can. I guess the good in this is he didn't wait until after I had cleaned out the cabinets to start making a mess. I'm amazed at all of the meals I planned while cleaning out the cabinets. Can't wait to see what the freezer has waiting in store.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm...guess I'm in for this. Our grocery bill for 2 adults for this week was $120CDN. We were out of meat of all kinds. I buy bulk and the amount we have will last us a month. It was over $30 of the bill. Still...that's a large grocery bill for us.

I did a pantry inventory not long ago. I'm going to check it and see if I can menu plan off it for most of December. I have some roasting chickens coming from the Hutterites mid-month. We'll be having that instead of turkey on Christmas. DH still wants tortiere Christmas Eve. I was going to make individual large muffin size pies, but a friend suggested making it into a roll ("tortiere with a twist"), cutting the roll, and freezing the pieces instead.

Other than struggling with the Christmas meal, I am thinking of cooking large batches of some favourites and freezing some leftovers for meals later in the month.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234