Try New Recipes Challenge
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    Registered User PoorRichardsGirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Try New Recipes Challenge

I didn't see anything like this, please point me to the spot if there is already a thread like this!

I keep collecting tons of recipes from magazines, cookbooks and online, yet I keep cooking the same old things. I'd like to do a challenge where we pledge to try a new recipe each week, or even each month. Not necessarily frugal or "from scratch" recipes because some of us are looking to save time as much as anything. I'd be happy to find a few more OAMC and crockpot meals, even if they aren't dirt cheap.

Anybody else want to do this as a challenge?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pledge to try 2 new ones a month.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in for once a month. As we tend to have more income at the end of the month, I'll pick the last Saturday of the month as my day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love to "create" meals so I'll go for 2 new meals this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink

I will try once a month for sure, maybe more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love doing OAMC and new recipes all the time, so I will love doing this challenge to keep motivated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in for at least 1 new "frugal" recipe a month

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sound great to me, might actually keep the idea of trying new recipes in my mind more if it's a thread too. My first lot of new recipes will be for Chinese New Year. I love doing a banquet and had started experimenting with different recipes before I met DBF but didn't do anything last year, but plan to this year. Was going to sit down this week and plan my menu so i can get some stuff this f/n and some next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I already do try a few new recipes each month - but I'm going to follow along to see if I get any more ideas.

As for OAMC - I actually started a OAMC club with my MOMS group here in town. I have loads and loads of recipes. If I get time later, I'll post some in the Kitchen Basics forum.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jamauk View Post
    I already do try a few new recipes each month - but I'm going to follow along to see if I get any more ideas.

As for OAMC - I actually started a OAMC club with my MOMS group here in town. I have loads and loads of recipes. If I get time later, I'll post some in the Kitchen Basics forum.
    Yeah!!! I have been doing OAMC for quite awhile , have tons of recipes and am always looking for more. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have mostly been a wing it person in the kitchen and thought that I did well with that, but for the last couple of months since I started using different recipes the meals are received with great joy and even the leftovers are gladly eaten. Therefore, I will continue to use more recipes. I pledge to four a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by PoorRichardsGirl View Post
    I keep collecting tons of recipes from magazines, cookbooks and online, yet I keep cooking the same old things. I'd like to do a challenge where we pledge to try a new recipe each week, or even each month. Not necessarily frugal or "from scratch" recipes because some of us are looking to save time as much as anything. I'd be happy to find a few more OAMC and crockpot meals, even if they aren't dirt cheap.

Anybody else want to do this as a challenge?
    I'm in. I do the same thing... collect recipes. I probably try about 1/4th of the ones I save. I will try to do at least 3 per month.
    Are we going to come back here and post the recipes that we tried?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey! Ya! I'm in! We've been trying a few new ones here & there! SO we will commit to 2 new ones a month! As long as they never involve lol...

In the past we have tried "Chef-mi-ser-ly beefy Mac (Miserly Meals cookbook) & also Maple Glazed Chicken (not just beans pg 129 by Tawra Jean Kellam) & Slow cook roast (pg 109 Not just beans)... these have also been incorporated into every month cooking! lol!

This coming week we will be having Honey baked Chicken, pg 130 (not just beans) but we will use real butter rather than margarine (we never use margarine)!

Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's one that I tried today:

Banana Cake to Take

It's from Betty Crocker. I had 4 bananas that were turning brown and I decided to look for a recipe using them. At Betty Crocker you can put in an ingredient and it posts recipes using that ingredient. This one was super because I used some buttermilk I had that was going to waste and used up a small pack of walnuts and the rest of the raisins in the box. I liked it and so did DH. The DDs are not here to try it, but I think they will enjoy it, also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in for 1 a month..Here is a new one that I made today.

Cream Of Coconut Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup cream of coconut
    1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
    8 ounces cream cheese
    1 teaspoon Almond extract
    2 tablespoons milk
    4 cups confectioners' sugar
    4 tablespoons flaked coconut (toasted)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
    Combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, cream of coconut and the sour cream and mix well for 4 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
    Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool then frost with cream cheese frosting and top with flaked coconut.
    To Make Frosting: Combine the softened cream cheese, vanilla, milk and confectioners' sugar. Mix until smooth and spread over cooled cake. Top with flaked coconut.

I used a Bundt cake pan..The cake is sooooo moist..but I found the frosting to be a tad to sweet..but the family loves it.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast