Peanut Butter and Jelly Rounds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Peanut Butter and Jelly Rounds

I really don't know but I think by feeling better all my great, new ideas are flowing out..lol

One I wanted to share with you guys was this.
    I was in Walmart a while back and the kids asked me to buy them the Smuckers PBJ rounds in the freezer section. So I did. I was really kinda disappointed. They were okay for the big kids (a bit indulgent for the price) and to thick to eat for the little kids. So I decided to re-duplicate it my way.

I guess you could just cut them and put them in freezer bags but I got from Pampered Chef years ago, a cut and seal. They still have them they run about $9 and I have used mine enough to pay for itself.

What you need

Peanut butter
    jelly
    A good loaf of bread (fresher seems to make them taste better after they thaw)
    sandwich bags (cheap, they are just to hold them)
    an ice cream tub (walmart is now selling icecream in rectangle tubs they are even batter)

Make all the sandwiches (with the desired amount you prefer) and I cut each one with my cutter. Placed them each in a sandwich bag and put them in the ice cream tub. Place in freezer. The ice cream bucket keeps them fresh. When you want a few take them out to thaw. Throw them in a lunch box. They are really handy and very neat.
    The kids all love them. I make them in big batches.
    I don't mind cause I am saving money, and can make them healthy (wheat bread) (I control the ingredients)

I was just thinking I bet you could do just about any sandwich. In my busy life anything quick, easy, healthy and already done is up my alley.

So I just wanted to share with all my frugal friends.

I hope you try them. I will be trying to post more. I am doing great, had my second hip replacement and is now bionic (lol) But I feel so much better. Thanks again for all the support and prayers.
    Hope to see more of me..
    love ya
    louise

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wondering? Can you do it with lunch meat too? I buy the turkey and end up throwing it out because I I will definately try the pb&J. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know you could do it with lunch meat, i would even put mayo and then freeze.. i think the important thing I found out is that the bread was fresh, it kept that frozen taste out of it.

ideas for sandwiches is I buy a pack of sub-rolls and premake all the sandwiches (dont put on condiments ) and rebag them in a ziplock and leave in the fridge. My kids are older now and they go through them quick. Again, I regulate the amount ( no waste) I hope that helped a bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I've been thinking of doing this myself to save time and mess every time we want a sandwich(10-20 a week).
    I'm sure you're not wasting all those crusts, right? You could probably make a tasty PB&J bread pudding out of them.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the Pampered Chef cut & seal too! For years I've been making my kid's sandwiches with this. My ds15 to this day will ask "mom, can you make me a couple of those circle sandwiches?" I don't freeze them tho....I should try that. But I've done grilled cheese sandwiches that way along with ham & cheese.

I do hate the waste involved with the crusts...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know with the crust, i didnt have a big load of them and the dogs were begging for them..lol..

a cute idea i tried once with a grilled cheese is i have a waffle stick maker and i put it in there the kids loved the new shape and texture..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No kids, but I love my cut and seal. I use it to make fried apple pies and they come out very "pretty".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mmm fried apples now that is another good one.. what did you use for the outside, pie crust?
    i sometimes make them in my sandwich maker with bread.. and a bit of powder sugar..kids love them too.
    adults too.. my husbands eats it all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also use biscuit dough, either canned or freshly made.

I was thinking of trying bread and frying in butter, I bet that would be super good and really fattening to boot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another way to make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich's like this is to use a cup to cut them. I make them like this and toss in freezer. I make them with different kinds of jelly to make them different for them. Kids love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Alas!

I used to have one of those Pampered Chef cut-n-seal's. I bought it in a thrift store, not knowing what it was for. When we didn't use it after a year or two, I donated it back.

I'll be watching for another one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    I'm sure you're not wasting all those crusts, right? You could probably make a tasty PB&J bread pudding out of them.~
    PB&J bread pudding... now that sounds interesting and yummy. Do you have a recipe or would you just use your average recipe? I have a bread pudding recipe made out of hotdog or hamburger buns... do you think that would work?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by foxxyroxie View Post
    PB&J bread pudding... now that sounds interesting and yummy. Do you have a recipe or would you just use your average recipe? I have a bread pudding recipe made out of hotdog or hamburger buns... do you think that would work?
    ~Well I haven't made a PB&J bread pudding yet, but what I was thinking was to save up all those bit of crusts with bits of filling in them until you have a big baggie full. I'd whip some creamy PB into the egg mixture to give it more oomph. After the mixture seeps into the bread you could make little holes throughout and fill with jelly before baking or serve the pudding with warmed jelly(like a syrup).
    If you make it be sure to tell us how it turned out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hmmm...that's like the one pampered chef item I don't have...lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always wanted one of those things....
    instead I picked up some cheap plastic "food cutters" at the dollar store shaped like animals
    DD LOVES pb&j's
    but moreso when they are shaped like a fishy with a little face drawn on in a TEENSY bit of pink icing
    the crusts I save in a plastic bag in the freezer till I have a bunch
    then I cut into cubes, thaw on the counter, bake in the oven till dry, then pan fry in garlic oil, salt and pepper for croutons, they are spectacular and NO WASTE! DH LOVES them! If I would let him eat them like popcorn, he would

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast