kid's fav foods

Thread: kid's fav foods

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking kid's fav foods

I am fishing for dinner ideas here.

What are your children's favorite meals (excluding lunch meat sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers and chicken nuggets)?

I work full time and we end up eating out way too much because I am tired and can't think of what to cook. I am hoping to start making a weekly menu and stopping this eating out so much. I love to read what everyone else is having for their dinners. So please let me know what your kids thinks is yummy. My daughter is picky but I am hoping that if your kids like it, she might too!!!

paelthom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids like breakfast for dinner (only when DH is not home!) They like "bread eggies", pancakes, french toast, etc. Also homemade pizza-you can buy the crust in pouches at the grocery store. I think Gold Medal makes them and they are relatively inexpensive. Chicken cutlets are a huge hit here, as are chicken croquettes, baked ham, mashed potatoes (can cut up the potatoes ahead and store them in the fridge in a bowl of cold water). Macaroni and cheese is a kid staple, but only as a side dish to any of the above entree's. I usually just buy the mixes.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not all my boys like the same thing, but here are what they like:

Spaghetti and garlic bread

Gratin of vegtables(cooked potatoes, carrots, brocolli in white sauce I make covered with cheese) I just put in the oven so it warms up and the cheese melts.

Pasta with seasoned white sauce(homemade) and cubed cooked chicken added and some brocolli in if you like cut in small pieces.

Mexican rice-browned beef, rice and I add some burrito seasoning and salsa to it. They love it!

Hope this helps you...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far so good.

Mustang80: I hate to show my lack of culinary skill but - what are chicken cutlets and croquettes. The breakfast for dinner is a good idea since she eats either cereal or bagels in the morning. We don't often get those pancakes, etc. - YUM

Simplemom: The mexican rice would be a hit for sure. She loves anything mexican. Again I show my ignorance - how do you make a white sauce? Spaghetti is always a good idea - cooked that last night!!!

Thanks frugal pals

paelthom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ds likes meatloaf and also English muffin pizzas (just split English muffins in half and top with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese - bake at 425 until cheese is melted and golden).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kahana,
    I am going to try those english muffin pizzas. Unfortunately meatloaf is on the list of things she will not eat. I happen to love it though, so maybe a compromise - me/meatloaf her/pizza. Thanks a bunch for the ideas.

paelthom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ds is the most fussy kid in the world! For the most part, he only eats cereal, fishsticks, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese sandwiches once in a while, and of course fries, potato chips and the like.

One thing I do make that he will eat is tacos. I brown a lb of hamburg and an onion, and add a packet of taco seasoning mix (follow directions on back of envelope). I serve that on soft shell tortillas (you can use the hard shell ones),with sour cream, homemade guacamole, salsa and of course mexican cheese. With that, I'll make spanish rice or refried beans. If there's any leftovers, I'll make nachos with it. HTH!!

Laura

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Laura,
    Tacos is one thing she will eat, but I often don't think of, to cook. It is a quick and easy dinner. Thanks again.
    paelthom

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tacos, pancakes, Mrs Pauls's fish filets (they look enough like chicken nuggetts to try) pizza bagels-same as english muffin pizza-only with a bagel, or french bread pizza. I have also been known to make a nutritionally complete, but a little unusual meal out of simply cheese and crackers, fresh veggies with dip and a yogurt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My boys eat almost anything out there. They both like roast that has been cooked all day in the crock pot, mashed potatoes and veggies. Another favorite is hamburger gravy over potatoes or rice. Homemade mac and cheese, ramen with veggies, meat and hard boiled eggs are big too. Broccoli with melted cheese, salad, anything with ranch dressing on/in it, homemade pancakes, tomato soup...do any of these help?