Fourth of July Plans???
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Fourth of July Plans???

Anyone planning a 4th of July event?
    Our city in at red alert so no gatherings are allowed.....but doesn't mean there won't be any.
    We will stay home...maybe I will do a nice picnic and we can go someplace and have it without anyone around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm usually scheduled to work, so DH and DS2 watch the local fireworks...This year, I'm NOT scheduled to work and of course, the fireworks are cancelled...::

Maybe we can grab dinner and eat outside at the park. Maybe both kids will come with us. We have many gift cards to use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a Saturday so I'll be taking care of dad. Will be thankful if nothing complicated happens. Brother is having laser kidney stone surgery on Tuesday and I pray his recovery goes well. He is dad's primary caregiver. I'll be taking care of dad (with helpers) Tuesday & Wednesday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have no plans. I'm not a fan of crowds, and all events are canceled anyway. Neighborhood kids will have wizz-bangers going off in the street all weekend. It's our year to visit friends (last year they came here) but not travelling this year. I have some fancy paper plates left from last year, may get those out and cook burgers or hot dogs.

Hoping for some meat on sale this week. We have chicken and pork, but DH is craving beef. Not expecting steak prices to drop, but a brisket or pot roast would be nice.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All our events are cancelled as well. I'm really bummed because it's the one day a year where our whole street comes out and we all hang out on the corner, catch up with anyone we haven't seen yet, watch the parade, and have a contest to see who can get the most candy or prizes the floats throw out (we then give to the kids). It's always a blast and something I look forward to every year.

We usually smoke some meat but don't have anything to smoke right now. If nothing goes on sale next week we'll grill hamburgers and hot dogs or similar or maybe get some kind of picnic food and have a picnic in the park.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I"m not in to crowds and will be at a farmers market (social distancing in place!!) the day before so the 4th is all about me-time. Home relaxing alone. Might see fireworks in the distance depending on the winds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, DS2 asked what we're doing for the 4th....In my last post, I said maybe have dinner in the park...We can still do that. DS2 wanted me to look online for things. I found that the museum is open and the cost is a penny per person.....He said okaayyy.....

I was telling DH about drive-ins and he sprouted up and said, "Oh! I've got something to tell you!!" He said that there was a drive-in at the mall....There was a big screen set up in the parking lot and he bets it was a drive-in.....Sure enough, it's called a "pop-up drive in" and they're all over the USA... So, I bought tickets for our car and asked DS2 if he wanted to go....He said No. I texted DS1 and am waiting for a response...I told DH that if it's just the 2 of us, then so be it.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the communities around here will be rotating drive in movie nights through the summer! SO COOL! and free. I might go. I will be alone in my car since I live alone, but I really like to watch a movie without listening to others eat or have their cell phones light up when they text so I think sitting alone in my car with my snacks will be perfect for me!!!