What are your Independance Day plans?
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What are your Independance Day plans?

So what is everyone doing for the fourth this year? We are leaving as soon as school lets out on Thursday and going to Arkansas for a family reunion. I am very excited because this is my dads side of the family who I rarely see. I have over 40 first cousins on his side! Everyone is coming so it will be huge. My dad left Pheonix yesturday and I am really looking forward to seeing him. We will spend the night then come back into MO and stay the night in Branson and do something there on Saturday. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you and the family have a great time Angelee ! We went to bRannson and had a blast.......
    We are having a picnic in the park and watching a nice fireworks show with DBF and her family, this will be the 4th year we've done it together.... We are excited !!!!!!
    I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is what we usually do.
    http://www.baycityfireworks-lights.com/

We're not sure if we are going to do that this year with the baby. It's very crowded and we had quite a long walk with chairs etc last year. The show is really long and well worth the crowds and traffic, but just not sure about bringing the baby.

I think we may just go to our city's fireworks. They usually have a live band and it's nice and more of a family atmosphere.

The same place that the fireworks are located also has "river days" in mid July. That's neat because we can go take a riverboat ride.

We'll probably just grill some burgers or hotdogs and have some cold salads.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angelee I hope you and your family have a terrific time. We are going to the Thresher's Reunion in Denton, NC. (I posted a link under Homesteading Forum). On the 4th, we will probably just hang around the house and have a cookout and Saturday we will go to Denton. Sometime we go to our local fireworks and sometimes we don't. I am just thrilled to have a long weekend.

pat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will probably go to a parade, carnival and then that night we will go to the fireworks display. They have a big one at Ft. Hood, but I don't think we will go there. We will probably just go to the next town over and set up a picnic and watch the display. I love watching fireworks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We usually go to Franklin for the fireworks, but not sure what we're doing this year. My kids ALL opted not to dance this year, so we're free to do whatever and I can't decide.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone has a fabulous day. We are having a bbq pool party for 30 or so friends and family. It should be fun but its a lot of work getting ready!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We ended up going out to breakfast. We rarely do, so this was great. Gabe and Zachary played with the sprinklers and water squirters and had fun outside for awhile. I added a couple of pics of Zachary in the gallery. It gave me a chance to clean and that made me happy to be able to just do things without both the children in the house.
    We ended up going to the local fireworks and it was really nice. Zachary was so excited to see the fireworks and it was wonderful seeing him so happy.
    I had a chance to read about 7 pages of a book. lol This is a record for me. I haven't had a quiet moment to sit and read anything in months.
    Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are back from Arkansas and had a blast. We had 98 family members able to make it to the family reunion. These were all aunts uncles and first and second cousins. We camped at a very nice campground on Tablerock lake and swam and swam we came home very wore out and sunburned. Hope everybody else enjoyed their holiday!