What I managed to accomplish this month.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What I managed to accomplish this month.

I have been able to get her much this month because of all the problems I have encountered (illness, death of friend, family needs etc) and I haven't put much down on my debt or even saved much (see my siggy) and I over spent on my Grocery budget by about $50 but what I have accomplished is.....

My pantry is nearly full! I started this month living from grocery trip to grocery trip while feeding my very athletic teenagers and spending nearly $900 a month, to having cut the budget by over $300 and FILLING my pantry! It is full of staples bought at VERY cheap prices and even luxury foods that I got free!

Here area few things I learned...

I can combine coupons with loss leader sales to get shamppos, cleaners and luxury items for under a dollar or even FREE! EVEN in CANADA! With very careful flyer watching I was able to get some amazing deals combined with coupons.

We do have one store that allows me to stack coupons.

Always get the amazing rainchecks and then combine them with coupons!

Kids are filling in for dinner so I will post more of my new tips later!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good for you. Celebrate the accomplishements. Cutting the grocery budget by over $300 is a major accomplishment. That extra money will help tremendously.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

.....now I can continue.

I make a big batch of spaghetti sauce from canned tomatoes, vegies meat etc.... It provides all the sauce for pasta dishes and pizza etc for about two weeks at a third of the cost of Jarred spagetti sauce AND it contains meat.

I make a huge batch of muffins once or twice aweek. This has gone a long way to filling those hungry teens!

I try and keep dinners at about $5 a meal, breakfast and lunch at about $5 a meal and snacks at about $3 a day (for the whole family). So that means I should beable to get my food groceries down to $400 a month. Then pet food, paper, personal care and cleaning supplies could add another $50(or less) per month. So I am trying to get my $550 down to $450 per month.

Next month I am going to fine tune my stockpiling/grocery buying skills and add some new skills..... I will keep you posted!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations! That's a HUGE accomplishment! Thanks for sharing your success.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you to save so much on food.
    Where in Canada you can get the coupons? I was so inspired by all postings when it comes to coupons, but I don't have too much luck with them. I tried to get on websites but there is not too much as well. I got $1.00 coupon for toilet tissue, but when I went to buy it wasn't that great. I found No name much cheaper. I am sorry, but who cares what brand I use for my r....
    I went to Superstore and looked at the coupon zone, but the expiry date on them is in a week. Let say, there was a coupon for .75 for pate I was interested, (the price was $2.85), when it is not on sale then it is $2.29. using coupon I am saving .19 cents. Is is a good deal?
    I found if I follow the flyers that the best deal I can get.
    My best buy was margarine which was $2.98 (original price was $6.59) Flour for $5.98 (original price was around $13.00) Chocolate bars 100 grm. 2 for $1.00 I bought 10 and put them in the freezer to be used for baking. Otherwise I would pay $12.00 per kg.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow that's great! I think it's time to celebrate

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi Winner

I am in BC too.
    Here is what I do (discovered).
    I collect all coupons even for products or brands I normally do not buy. Especially high value ones ($1 or up). I will not use coupons unless I find the items at a great price.
    Next I study the flyers.
    Then I match the really GREAT loss leader flyer deals with the high value coupons I have been collecting to end up with great deals for my pantry! I used to believe what you just said that coupons where for over priced name brand products only. But if you keep the coupon for when the item is at a reduced price voila, you can get some GREAT deals. And if they are out of the product ask for a raincheck, you can then get the price later and combine it with a coupon.
    Even better, Go to customer appreciation events. Where they discount everything by %10-%15. Add that discount to loss leader deals plus a coupon and like WOW!
    Last tip. Some stores allow you to "stack" coupons. Where you can use more than one coupon (they have to be different types Eg: Brandsaver+ a save.ca) on one product.
    Below are a few of the deals I have managed to get the last couple of weeks for my pantry.
    Save-on had $6 off groceries coupon if you bought 4 specified Kraft or Mr. Christie products. They had Mr. Christie crackers (every store seemed to have different ones on clearance) at $1.49 a package! I got 4 packages free. I stopped at Save-on 4 times that week I have 16 pkgs. of triscuits, entertainers, ritz crakers in my pantry. I normally NEVER buy these because I classify them as luxury foods.

B1G1 ivory soap at zellers for $2.99 for a package of 6. That ends up $1.50 each pkg. I applied .75 cent off coupons to each package. That makes them .75 cents per pkg of 6! I bought 10 pkgs!

Cans of Organic Nabob cofee at $2.99 + $1 off coupon. = $1.99 ea.

Caranation Instant Breakfast- B1G1 $5.99- Had a $4.00 off coupon plus $2 off coupon. At london drugs they allow stacked coupons so = Free for 2 pkgs.

Kelloggs cereals at Zellers. They were $1.77 each. I had $ 1.00 off coupons= $.77 each! Bought 10.

Fusion razors $9.99 had $10.00 off coupon= free
    Venus razors $9.99 had $10.00 off coupon= free
    Gillette satin care shaving crean 1.99 had $2 coupon= free
    Gillette shaving cream 1.99 had $2 cpn= free
    Glade candles $3- $3 cpn= free
    all above are for stocking stuffers...hehe

Sunsilk waves shampoo (the only stuff which works on Ds wavy hair, their is actually a difference in shampoos, hard to believe but true). $1.99 had $1.00 off coupons =.99 eac. I bought 6 of these, so should last a while for him!
    They also had Brunnet sunsilk on clearance (zellers) at .99 cents each so with coupon it was free.
    Sunlight dish detergent. B1G1 1.99. Had .75 cpn cents off if you buy 2. So $1.24 for two dishdetergents. so .62 cents each!

Anyways I could go on and on! Maybe I should post my deals as I get them on this forum?
    Anyways, I would have thrown out most of the above coupons thinking I don't use that stuff and I van buy no name cheaper... but as you can see that is NOT the case.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job!! I wish we had coupons here!!!!