Wine and Cheese???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Wine and Cheese???

Hi there,
    I never done, but I am planning "Wine and Cheese" ladies party (10 people)at my place and wondering if you could share some of your ideas (food, games, decoratios and party favors). I will serve cheese and a few appetizers.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You could print out some note cards from Oprah's website and have people write little notes to everyone there, put them in the box, etc. You can set up the boxes on top of each other's plates if you plan on doing a table setting, or you can sit the boxes in a row on a table with the note cards next to it. Simply put their names on the top or on the inside of the box (on the inside lid).

I've never done a "wine and cheese" party but perhaps you can also have them bring one cheese and/or one bottle of wine to the party, in addition to what you'll be having.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool! Will it be more of a tasting party?

You can make a check list for each guest so they can take notes on the wines and rate them for future reference. That way if they like something they will remember what it is.

With some web searching you could find some trivia questions about wine making traditional and modern then have a prize for the person who gets the most questions right.

You could have statements of information (real or made up) on typing paper with a true and false column under each statement. Place them around the room then give each guest a colored dot for each statement. Have them go around the room and put their dot in the column they think is right. This will help facilitate conversations about wine and or cheese and get people to mingle instead of staying on the sofa. Prizes are not necessary but everyone will want to know the answers. hehehe

You could also have things like word searchs or crossword puzzles for guests to work on and I'm sure you could find some other games online that are wine themed.

Have fun and enjoy hosting such a great themed party.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you, thank you for all your ideas, I love them!
    I am having sort of buffet style.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is it in the next few days? Will it be Christmas themed? Or birthday or?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, it is on December 13th and since it is during the Christmas time I was planning to go with Christmas theme. Believe it or not I am getting a bit nervous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so jealous!!! I love wine & cheese parties but I don't really know what kind of games to suggest. The wine & cheeses I hosted were tastings (meaning we learned about the various wines and cheeses being served) so we didn't need anything else to keep us busy.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could somehow convince myself that I need a wedge of roquefort cheese the next time I go grocery shopping...Yum!