Is anyone doing Sobey's club points
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Is anyone doing Sobey's club points

We buy quite a bit of our food at Sobeys, although only sale items. We joined the club points. After looking at their site www.sobeys.ca it's amazing what you can get with points. It might take me years though to get that many points. I'm wanting the pasta attachments for the KA. I'll keep plugging away though and hopefully in a year I'll have enough points. I'm keeping an eye on the bonus points because then they really add up.

Anyone else doing these points.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unfortunately we dont have Sobeys in BC, but I do collect Save-on-More Points, SDM Points and Petro Points.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't really looked into their points we don't shop at Sobey's that often-their prices are on the high side.We do get PC points but we use them to buy grocery gift cards for DS at christmas.I also have the Zellers reward points but I signed them over to a cat charity as I don't shop there that often either and it would take me years and years to collect enough to get anything.
    Years ago I used to get green stamps...those were great I am still using stuff I got from them.

edited to add-- I also collect SDM points and they add up really fast I have $75 to spend on stocking stuffers next week
    Last edited by cheapskate 49; 12-07-2008 at 02:22 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just signed up for Club Sobeys a few weeks ago. I don't go up there often as they are more expensive and the farthest from my house. However, I watch their meat sales and go there to stock up. Just a little thing of mine, I don't trust meat from anyone else. Brainwashed as a young child I guess My mother only shopped at Sobeys.

I am from NS and they had this program there years and years and years ago, but then switched to air miles. The points towards free groceries used to add up quite quickly (but of course Sobey's was the only store available). Back in the old days you used to have a card that allowed you to write cheques at the store, then they did away with the instore coupons and connected this points and deals thing to people's cheque cashing cards. But I digress...

Anyway, I don't know how quickly they will add up for me now, but I will use all mine towards groceries. I have enough programs that reward me with merchandise.

PS. Homesteadmamma, so nice to see you back!
    Last edited by monkeywrangler71; 12-07-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also do Shopper's Drug Mart. They do add up fast when you get prescriptions from them.

As to my Zellar's points, I have them transferred to Air Miles. When I get enough Air Miles, I get gc for gas. We only use Shell gas in our van, so it does add up, however Air Miles takes forever too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah I forgot about the HBC Points, we collect those also and Airmiles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

r u talking about air miles? or a club at ur sobeys?
    we dont have any kind of club in PEI. I wish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sobeys has started a club where you earn points for buying at their stores. If you look at the link above, you'll see what I'm talking about. I thought it was all across Canada because my dh used our membership number when he was in both B.C. and Alberta. Maybe try checking the link and see if your province is included.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It looks like Sobeys isn't in your province. Is that right?

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Club Sobeys is for Ontario and west. They are partnered with Air Miles in the east.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wish they were partnered with Airmiles in the west. They are partnered with Aeroplan miles instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stand corrected Sobeys has stores in Ft. Saint John, Golden and Invermere, Unfortunatley none of these locations are even remotely close to me in Kelowna. I'm Surprised that their not in Vancouver at least. I'm in Kelowna BC, Oh Well
    Last edited by djbout; 12-08-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have club sobeys. I love it. I am not a brand shopper and Sobey's tends to give bonus points on store brand it adds up fast. I have gotten $20 off so far. While they may not be as cheap as say Superstore or Wal'mart. They only sell groceries. So I don't leave with anything extra, just food, that alone saves me money. Plus it's a 5 minute drive, where everything else is 20 minutes. Saves in Gas. I also know the layout inside out, that saves sooo much time. I'm done in 20 minutes. I like that they bag my groceries. I only wish they had double seating in the carts. I watch their sales and stock pile when it's good.

I'm working on the 1 square mile thing as much as possible. It's in my square mile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mommy4ever - good idea with the 1 square mile radius thing.

Most of my shopping is within a 5 minute drive as well - thats what I base my shopping on - right after the is it a need or want factor.

I joined Club Sobey's b/c the bf tends to come over later in the evening's and then he wants to get something to eat and I convince him to get something from the grocery store we can just heat up to recreate the take out experience AND be able to have leftovers w/o spending the amount we would on the take out. Hrm...did that make sense? Usually the Sobey's is open 24 hours here so it works out for the best.

Also, we've been known to make a quick run out to Sobey's to pick up last minute grocery items for the weekend's activities which would start on the Saturday and from there on, its non stop running. We'd rather pack our food then buy it b/c we'll know whats in it and know that its also better for our health and bank accounts.

The points system does add up but I have yet to be able to redeem anything seeing as we only pop in every now and then. But one day...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do Club Sobeys, I shop there a lot as I like the store brands more than Coop & the prices are much better than Coop (I do shop sales there though). I actually find a lot of products at Walmart are more expensive than at Sobeys. I do make regular runs to Winnipeg for Costco & Superstore. I really wish they'd go over to Air Miles as we use that a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast