Alberta Budget?

Thread: Alberta Budget?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Alberta Budget?

Anyone hear what it is?

Increased spending at a deficit of 4.7 BILLION. Increase of taxes - liquor and cigarette and education.

I'm not sure what else. It's weird after 16 years of being deficit free, paying off all the Alberta debt, to go into the red again... and not just a little?

Kinda scary! But we'll see how it goes! Our house is no longer in order!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. Thats all I can say.

"Steady Eddie" is such a disappointement and its time for him to go!!

My favourite part of all this (I heard it on the radio this morning) is that now that they cut the monthly healthcare premiums in January, they're now slashing services that are being offered!!!

What the heck?!?!
    Last edited by PrairieGirl; 04-14-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGirl View Post
    Ugh. Thats all I can say.

"Steady Eddie" is such a disappointement and its time for him to go!!

My favourite part of all this (I heard it on the radio this morning) is that now that they cut the monthly healthcare premiums in January, they're now slashing services that are being offered!!!

What the heck?!?!
    Oh and not only that, but the Super Board voted themselves a pay increase! Err? Did I miss something that constituted them getting more money while the citizens of Alberta have to wait longer for things like elective surgeries?

As long as my property tax bill stays the same, I'm fine. I imagine we'll be paying more school fees come August and September, but that's expected.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MomToTwoBoys View Post
    Oh and not only that, but the Super Board voted themselves a pay increase! Err? Did I miss something that constituted them getting more money while the citizens of Alberta have to wait longer for things like elective surgeries?

As long as my property tax bill stays the same, I'm fine. I imagine we'll be paying more school fees come August and September, but that's expected.
    How insane is that??? Put the province back into a $4.5B defecit but hey, lets give each other raises that are like 15%! I call on that.

I'm just glad summer is coming so that we can save as much money as we can during the warmer months so that we're in better financial shape come winter '09/'10. I'm sure prices for everything will skyrocket this fall and I dont want to be caught with our pants down, as it were

Government is so frustrating.

Btw, are you looking out your window right now? Its .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK, let's look at this. Do away with the Health Care Premium.... and cut services because there's no money.

Are they retarded??? It makes NO sense!

Oh, and there should be penalties for abuse of the medical system. I went to the lab, and had them fax a copy of my lab results to my 2nd dr.

The tech was smiling at me, the day before a woman had come in for blood work, she had 3 requisitions, from 3 different Dr for ALL the same tests. Why not? It's FREE! Sorry, you don't need 3 appointments to be checked for anemia. It's insanity.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I honestly have to say that all of this is definitely better than any health care I got in the US. I'm a little meh with the walk-in clinic near my house, though, because they aren't bothering to set me up with an ENT for my allergies. They just keep prescribing me ear drops and allergy medication.

We stopped paying premiums on our AHC when DH got benefits at work that also paid for his AHC benefits. Before that, we were in a subsidy. I just wish they'd quit cutting services, stop giving themselves raises and still allow us not to pay premiums like they have been since January.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MomToTwoBoys View Post
    I just wish they'd quit cutting services, stop giving themselves raises and still allow us not to pay premiums like they have been since January.
    I agree! The raises are such a hot issue. What makes them so special that they can give themselves raises while there are people our there losing jobs, taking pay cuts, and getting their hours cut?!

politicians...bunch of scumbags!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool

Nothing new about that. It's just the same-old me-first tactics of government bureaucrats.
    They're in power, and they are wielding their authority so they can profit at the expense of the public.