Stores not accepting online coupons...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Stores not accepting online coupons...

I've just started getting into the coupon thing and I'm finding it a bit tough LOL! It's not super easy finding the coupons to begin with and then to not have stores accepting them is a bummer!
    So far Price Chopper and Food Basics in my community are not accepting online printed coupons (even if Canadian)!!!
    Anyone else finding this to be a problem!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its a common problem in my area. I dont bother with online coupons at all. I use them from magazines, newspaper inserts and the mail but I foud online ones were sadly a waste of ink.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will use the online coupons at stores that they themselves send out online coupons. Shoprite must have not accepted them once because the clerks kept on asking if they took them to each other. I just said they better since you have them on your website.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours stopped accepting them a long time ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes. Kroger,Meijers, and a few others will not accept online coupons. So i got aggrevated when a company offered $5. off there product w/ an online coupon. I went to the site and requested a paper coupon be sent tro me. They said they cannot unfortunetly fullfill all requests. I told them i thought very little of their company then and would make sure all who would hear knew it. I used to coupon heavily. Now I feel scammed.
    Like I take the coupon to the store and they know the store won't accept. They think I will buy it anyway because I'm already at the checkout or my kid will whine me into it. They don't know me. I just say no thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some stores I've gone to, won't accept the manufacturer coupon and the store coupon for the same item at the same time, its one or the other. Unlike our American neighbours, many of our stores seem to give coupon clippers a rough time

Registered User Learningtobefrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walmart won't accept them either...even though they state they do..I gave up trying to use them..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Canadian retailers / online sites / useless

I found that a lot of Canadian retailers websites are useless, to slightly derail, they are nothing like US Big box retailers websites. Canadian retail is about 20 years behind anything in the states and sadly hope to keep it that way. Best regards Tony

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Publix here in the south is by far the most coupon friendly grocery chain I've shopped. They even accept online printables for free products as long as it's not a well-known scam (like the recent Doritos "free" coupons.) I'm sorry for those who have such a rough time using printables And I'm kind of surprised that one poster mentioned not being able to stack coupons. That would really tick me off; what good is a store coupon at that point?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

so far, so good.

Walmart does accept online prints here in Ga.

Publix is by far the most coupon friendly - as well as Walgreens.

Kroger has also accepted my online prints.

The worst I've experienced is the attitude at Walmart when using coupons of any sort.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of our local grocery stores do not accept them either so I choose to shop elsewhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I gave up using coupons in our community a long time ago. Most are for products I never use anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I find a good printable coupon, I use it. I keep the entire page and give it to the cashier. It shows the website I got the coupon from to start and usually its the manufacturers site.

Save.ca << those are the only coupons I have never had an issue using anywhere.

Most foods I buy though never seem to have a coupon. I tend to buy whole foods vs processed 'quickie' items.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys2005 View Post
    I've just started getting into the coupon thing and I'm finding it a bit tough LOL! It's not super easy finding the coupons to begin with and then to not have stores accepting them is a bummer!
    So far Price Chopper and Food Basics in my community are not accepting online printed coupons (even if Canadian)!!!
    Anyone else finding this to be a problem!
    A couple years ago, Maple Leaf foods had some coupons at the back of their annual report to shareholders. Unfortunately, when they posted the annual report on their website, they did not remove the pages with the coupons. People printed them off and used them in stores, and the stores didn't know they were fake until it was too late. There were a number of other fraudulent coupons being used around the same time, including people photocopying free product coupons on the extra space at the bottom of sheets from save.ca (which is why the empty spaces now say 'void')

At that point Price Chopper and Food Basics both put a giant sign at the front door stating that they no longer accepted any printed coupons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Grief...In the area where I live,(NW AL.), NO ONE takes online coupons unless they were emailed to your inbox, by their company, (such as CVS or Rite Aid), and you have to keep the entire page, not just the coupon part...