Thrift Stores in your area of Canada?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Thrift Stores in your area of Canada?

What do you all have for thrift stores in your area? Please list your province.

Here in Regina, SK we have Salvation Army, Value Village, Blue Mantle, and the Mennonite Thrift Store.

There are some secondhand furniture stores, but they don't have clothes or very good furniture for that matter. You'd have to be pretty desperate to shop them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in a small town in Ontario. We have one small local thrift store that, in my experience, has a fairly decent kids section, a hit or miss women's section and a limited men's section. I always check there first because their profits go to local community services but if I can't find what I'm looking for I usually head to Brampton to visit Value Village, Goodwill or the Salvation Army store. I also go to the Value Village in Vaughan. There might be other thrift stores in those cities...would love to hear where they are!!

I travel for work and try to hit up local thrift stores if I have time. In Calgary (Alberta), I enjoyed "Urban Thrift". It's a bit pricier for a thrift store but the inventory was all fairly current with fashion trends and in good shape which made shopping SO much easier. You just look for stuff in your size, instead of looking for stuff in your size that isn't torn to shreds or from the 80s.

In Canmore (Alberta), I visited Victory Thrift. It's clothing section (on the 2nd floor) is a small space crammed with inventory. I didn't end up getting anything that day but it did seem to have some decent stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks Frugal.lass. You know the one thrift store I remember in Calgary (don't know if it's still there) is the I.O.D.E. thrift Store. It's where I went to buy the clothes I made my first hand hooked rug from! Ah, fond memories. It was a gorgeous peach double knit evening jumpsuit...made gorgeous flowers.

I know in the Maritimes they have Frenchy's...at least in N.S. I went to the one in Annapolis Royal once and was amazed at all the stuff. Not very clean though...at least that one wasn't. But talk about cheap!