A bit of a Jackpot at Sobey's.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default A bit of a Jackpot at Sobey's.

Last Tuesday was 15% off for Club Sobey's members, or 10% off for non-members. Since it's a free membership, why wouldn't you sign up?

Recently they added digital coupons, if you log on to the Club Sobey's, you can put coupons for bonus points onto your card. Excellent. I add all of them

There was also a coupon in the flyer for 10x points.

Here is what happened.

Before discount groceries were $233 - $13 in manufacture coupons - 10% - 5%. Final total $182.45. My weekly budget was $180, so this is wonderful. Plus I had a few items that got bonus points for purchase and the 10x coupon. So on my receipt I had enough points for $20 the next grocery trip. I logged on the website, to find out that i had a 5x the points loaded onto my card, so I actually have enough points for $25 off a purchase but am very close to having enough for $50 off. There is another 10x coupon in the flyer for this week, so I'll do it again. I have only $100 for groceries this week, but still, why not use it. I saved over $50 immediately, and another $25 for future use. That is pretty sweet! I will definitely be doing a 15% Tuesday again. I was at the store for 6:30 am Best time to shop, no one to bump into you.

Plus, I also got more coupons on some of the items purchased So it works out well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a similar shopping trip there, too! Here in Manitoba, though, it's only 10% off. I had $30.94 in coupons, plus $12.66 for the 10% off. My original total was just over $130, but after discounts, I only paid $86.50. I also got 1820 Club Sobey's points. Right now, I have enough points for $65 off, but I'm saving that for Christmas, or if we have a big get-together.

One secret I've learned is to save any coupons for free products for 10% day, because even though the product is free, the 10% is still applied to the price. It really adds up! I've actually started shopping at Sobey's more than at Superstore!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't seem to get a lot of free item coupons.

I do more at Sobey's than Superstore too, but we get our gas there to the amount of $20/mo for superbucks, so I do get somethings there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do the same thing here. And because Sobey's is the closest to our home, we do most of our shopping there. If you shop the sale items, many are the same price has Superstore. And Superstore is on the south side of the city, while we live on the north end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was there this morning, I had the 10x the points coupon for this week, I only had 1 coupon, but $1 is a dollar. I did get enough points for another $10 off. So in 1 week, we earned $35 off a future purchase. There is also other bonus points being added

Have a big camping trip with 5-7 teens coming.... So it will be a doozer. Hoping the next flyer has better sales than this week.

I am closest to Sobey's, Save-On and Safeway. I only do Friday deals at Safeway, and specials at Save On. There is a Superstore not that far away, but finding only some items are really a deal. As I said, when I have the Super Bucks, currently have $9, we'll pick up some things there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We also do the Safeway Friday deals and every now and then we find a great sale there. We do shop at Save-on for their deals, but it's not my favorite store. And I agree, Sobeys did not have many deals this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW thats impressive! Sobey's over here is considered 'high end' despite their sales and promo's even when paired with coupons. But to be fair, I do use their flyer to price match at the discount grocery store and I do visit Asian markets often which usually beat any grocery store prices for fresh items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Libby, I still shop the sales. I go through all the flyers and make my list. Around here, Superstore prices have been creeping up and their produce is brutal most of the time. Even their bagged salads are passed prime often. So I will do snacks and stuff with the superbucks, things that I don't really want to spend the budget on.

I shop Costco too. Again, the deals. We have a local mom that walks through and blogs weekly about deals, etc. So it's pretty easy to deal with. Just a note on Costco, photos can be printed for 8¢ at the moment. On my list of things today today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I find it hard to get deals anywhere with my special diet. But we're still primarily shopping Superstore (anti-biotic and hormone free meat), Sobey's (organic produce), Bulk Barn (gluten free baking ingredients), and the health food store.

I need to pay more attention to the points thing though. That might come in handy some day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've found the same thing at Superstore. With the gas prices jumping so drastically overnight, it doesn't make sense for us to drive from one end of the city to the other side to shop there. One thing I can say about Safeway, they have great produce although the prices are higher. We have a superstore Walmart close by, however I'm not a fan of Walmart and their produce leaves much to be desired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm quite lucky. I live right in the middle of our small city, and I have 2 Sobey's, 2 Safeways, and 1 Superstore, all within a few kilometres of me. Oh, and also the Co-op and Bulk Barn. OK, maybe nothing is really far from me!

I find with Safeway, I can combine coupons and bonus Air Miles to make it worthwhile to go there on occasion. We need to do some fixing up around our house, so we are saving the Air Miles to use at Rona when we need to pick up supplies.

We also have a super Walmart, but have only been there a couple of times for the groceries, and been disappointed every time, so I haven't been back.