Gotta love Shoppers Drug Mart
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Gotta love Shoppers Drug Mart

I think Shoppers Drugmart has the best points benefit plan out there. Not to mention they do have some really great sales.

Saturday was the 20x points for $50 purchase. It was also a great sale flyer.

saved $68 plus another $14 in coupons. And got an extra $12000 points Paid $52 total.

Love that Can't wait til I have 90,000 points with bonus redemption, $250 of free product!!~! (and you can stretch it with coupons

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Walgreens. At Walgreens you get 500 points for prescriptions too. I have one I get there. I don't buy anything there that either isn't on sale though. They're kinda high but I check their sales flyer often to see if there's anything there that is worth it. I think I have about $20 money worth wise right now.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SDM is probably my favourite points program too Last Christmas, they didn't run the Mega Bonus redemption here, so no $250 off for us in Ontario. We had it the previous year but last year it was $220 for a 95,000 point redemption - it definitely helps with the Christmas shopping. So, really nothing to complain about either

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeswickBlogger View Post
    SDM is probably my favourite points program too Last Christmas, they didn't run the Mega Bonus redemption here, so no $250 off for us in Ontario. We had it the previous year but last year it was $220 for a 95,000 point redemption - it definitely helps with the Christmas shopping. So, really nothing to complain about either
    I havent' really shopped there much in the last year, as I didn't *need* anything, my stockpile was well supplied. Now, it's low so it's time. I'm at 50K right now, so I think if I can get that 95K by November, I'll use it at whatever bonus redemption there is. They even have some decent electronics. Too bad can't use it on gift cards..lol.

Waiting for this weeks flyer, see what is good

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can see the benefits of shopping at SDM if you lived where there was not much other competition OR the competition is priced a lot higher. But where I live, SDM is reversed and considered the overpriced store so it tends to turn me off from shopping there unless its something I need in the middle of the night, in which I zip out to the closest 24 hr location. I do enjoy the fact that their points don't expire so for the times I do shop there (specialty items, emergency etc) the points do add up and once every 5-6 yrs or so I am able to buy a new bottle of brand name perfume

Does SDM price match?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SDM does not price match and here in Kelowna BC it would also be considered one of the higher priced drug stores, they key to shopping there is using coupons on sale items that have bonus points or during bonus point events. I get coupons dirrect from SMD that give me bonus points on products ie: 600 points on 4 litres of milk last week and other great weekly bonus points coming up. I also just received a free Pro Glide Razor which was a SDM/P&G joint promotion, cool!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I can see the benefits of shopping at SDM if you lived where there was not much other competition OR the competition is priced a lot higher. But where I live, SDM is reversed and considered the overpriced store so it tends to turn me off from shopping there unless its something I need in the middle of the night, in which I zip out to the closest 24 hr location. I do enjoy the fact that their points don't expire so for the times I do shop there (specialty items, emergency etc) the points do add up and once every 5-6 yrs or so I am able to buy a new bottle of brand name perfume

Does SDM price match?
    Hi Libby! No, SDM doesn't price match. But if I shop their sales, combine it with coupons and other SDM promotions, I can score some amazing deals there. This week, they sent me a coupon for $10 off $40, valid this week only. 25% off isn't something that I can ignore without looking closely at. So the flyer came out and I realized that I could probably get some excellent deals this week. I had a $25 gift card that they sent me for a problem I had with one of their products, so I was aiming to only be out of pocket around $5.00. I ended up being OOP $6.53 (including taxes). This is what I bought: four pounds of butter, 4 tins of tuna, 3 boxes of Special K, 6 bottles of Motrin, 4 bottles of shampoo, 1 OPI nail polish and, of course, some Breyers ice cream

Combining their sales, my coupons, and their $10 off $40, and using the gift card, I saved 95% - my total would have been $132.61 (at their regular prices and without any coupons or promotions - which I would never spend anyway, but it feels good to know what it would be - it's a mental thing - LOL!). I didn't score big in the points department though, but I'll accept that this time

Also, in Ontario, SDM a 4L bag of milk is $3.97, which is as low a price as I can get it at any of the grocery stores, so why not pick it up there and get the points for it, iykwim?

And, as an aside, I don't want to complain too much, but why is it so freakin' humid here now? Summer, I know, but a week ago, people were running their furnaces because it was too cold!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do stock up at SDM when they have the 20x the points.The pop,paper towels, kleenex,toilet paper etc seem to be on sale at the time of bonus points.If there is a really good sale I will shop at one store in our town(we have 2)get the bonus points and then go to the other store and buy more.This works well because they limit everything to 4.So I have caught the sale and got the extra points twice.Thats when the points really add up fast.I only need one more 20x the points sale and will have over 95000.I will wait until they put on their best offer for the points which yes is usually near Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are some pretty great deals but unfortunately on things we don't use much of - no butter, no ice cream nor cereal and milk. We buy lac free milk for dad and even then 2L lasts a LONG time. I guess if my circumstances were different I'd be all over it but I will admit when the eggs go down to $1.79/dzn I can't help but stock up daily. I pop into a SDM after I drop DH at work and sometimes a second visit before I pick him up as well. We go through eggs like parents probably go through milk with children.

I like the price matching ability and have used their flyer for that elsewhere. By doing so, I may not get their points but I am guaranteed stock. Oh and less running around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE SDM (Pharmaprix in Quebec). I did 2x 220$ redemption and hope to do one in december again ! I have their RBC cc (I know, bad, but I know how to use it and pay the due amount weekly, no interest) and that's how I get most of my points. I hope to see the gift card promotion again this year and stock up some points.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to shop at SDM. I get the weekly flyer on a Thursday. They have great one day or two day sales. Usually a Saturday or Sunday and Monday.