Has anyone signed up for the PCplus program???
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Has anyone signed up for the PCplus program???

I am very excited for this program! I think it is going to be one of the best points programs out there. I know many were concerned with Loblaws took over Shoppers Drugmart, and that we'd lose that points program(awesome program), but instead, they took a page from Shoppers and introduced a similar program in Pcpoints!

This week there is a bonus points going on. Get 20,000 points for each $100 you spend, a $20 value. One time use. This weekend, I did my first big shop in a few months. I spent $221. I earned 40,000 bonus points plus another 1200 product specific bonus points and then I will get the regular points for using a PCfinancial bank card, so approx 1100 more points will be added. AND, if i'd spent $250, I'd have gotten the bonus item. But I didn't have any more grocery money.

I have redeemed very few points over the years, because it took so long to accumulate. With the bonus points, and special points promotions, I have $50 to redeem already! SO much better than before. I don't know that I've every had more than $20 to redeem and it took nearly a year to accumulate, or equivalent to $4000 in groceries! Even with out the mega bonus points, it will be SO much faster than before.

Check it out! About time we get a good points program www.pcplus.ca it's free to join!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like what I see too,but just being me,I have a stock pile of food and only need to top up now and then.I still have the card and will use it when Zehrs has items I need on sale,but must admit,I will buy from whatever store has the lowest price at the time.
    I will be watching their sales a little more closely,and with bonus points offered I will just do the math as to, in the long run will be the best price.Getting money off future purchases is always a great thing as long as you haven't overpaid in the first place.
    I agree this points plan is a good one.You will reap more from it than I will,but I, like you am excited about it.Happy shopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've signed up but I haven't shopped there much since getting the card.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes--have signed up and still seeing what it is all about. A good way to earn extra points that is for sure!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I have joined up and the points are certainly growing. Just know I'm going to love it!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would join but I don't shop at Loblaw's/Superstore. I prefer to shop at No Frills - a discount version of their stores owned by them but they don't offer that points program there. Ironic??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have all the cards--PC Plus, Sobey's, Shopper's Optimum, etc. All those stores are very close to my house, so I shop wherever has the best deals. I save up my points from all of them to use before Christmas. In December, I bought baking supplies at Sobey's with points, and cashed in my Optimum points on the bonus redemption day to get the $210 free. We stocked up on paper products, peanut butter, coffee, and a bunch of other stuff. We also got a controller for our Playstation and a whole bunch of boxes of chocolate for the Christmas season. By watching the sales and bonus point days, I should have enough to cash in at least another $210 when the next bonus redemption rolls around.

I like the PC program, because it sends the offers to load onto the card, and they're usually quite good. Most of my points come from buying produce, because it gives me a certain number of points for every dollar spent on stuff like apples and potatoes, which we go through like water!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have been collecting them for 5 years and now have approximately $380 in points at Superstore. This is our mad money, not for groceries, but for replacing items on the NO TAX days. Just love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know this is an old thread, but I have a PC Plus card and just used it to save $20 on groceries. I really like this particular card.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No Frills does take PC Points now!!! We just signed up a month or so ago, and we only shop at No Frills and they take it! Woot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Since PC plus started here, in November, I have redeemed $200 and have another $70. It's awesome that the gas bar gives you the option to either get the super bucks or put it on the pcplus account. No more saving the coupon! I go myself a Tassimo when they had them on for a really good price and my RV needed a coffee pot. Since dh doesn't drink it, single serve is nice. I get the pods on sale and with coupons so it's not bad. Plus it's weekends only.