does anyone

Thread: does anyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default does anyone

do the christmas club at tesco - ive done it the last couple of years and its been a great way of saving up. Also do you save with any other christmas clubs?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi,

No I don't save with any Christmas clubs, mt supermarket doesn't so anything like that. My mum always did when we were little though. We put a set amount each month into a savings account so there's plenty in there when the time comes.

Do the supermarkets still do the thing where you get 5% extra if you have a certain amount in your savings by the end of October?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no, i've never done that... but i have bought my presents for others across the whole year before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never heard of a supermarket doing a Christmas Club before. Alot of the banks used to do them, but I don't know of any in my area that currently offer a Christmas club. I set aside a min. of $50 a month for whatever gifts we will be buying throughout the year, (b-day, christmas, etc). I also buy gifts throughout the year, if I come across a really good deal on something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by britbunny View Post
    Hi,

No I don't save with any Christmas clubs, mt supermarket doesn't so anything like that. My mum always did when we were little though. We put a set amount each month into a savings account so there's plenty in there when the time comes.

Do the supermarkets still do the thing where you get 5% extra if you have a certain amount in your savings by the end of October?
    yep - if i save over a 100 Euro I get an extra five, I find it a great way to save - every time i go in I just top up my clubcard with a couple of Euro - i dont miss it and it really adds up over the year.

I also buy my pressies through the year - got a great deal on some High School Musical stuff for DD in Argos this morning - they will do for her birthday in a few months.

Our toyshop do a saving club as well which i pay into - i spend the money in January when the sale is on rather than before christmas though LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i did it 2 christmas' ago, saved up the stamps you can buy in tescos for £1 each between me & DBF we got £50 and bought all the gift wrap and pieces and lots of food to get us thru the christmas period as we tent to run out of things and cant get to the shop as it is closed.

I will have some sort of savings soon to cover xmas and birthdays when we have moved into our flat - i just need to know how much is going out and coming in so i know how much to save.