Frugal Village Forums banner

Aldi

Tags
aldi
2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  The Muse 
#1 ·
As i am off on hol this ( YES i am doing by o.u. stuff )

went to aldi
still get some nice cheap veg

carrots, pionted cabbage 29p

BUT the star wek week is wall'S VIENETTA 1000ml sixty nine pence

three a customer so will be there tomorrow at nine for somemore
haha

#2 ·
I've been really disappointed with Aldi lately. Their prices are going up and at present they are more expensive to shop at than my local Morrisons. The last time I went in there, I was so shocked by the prices that I walked straight out again.

#3 ·
I live in Chicago and have been going every week to Aldi's for the past couple of months. The prices here are competitive and better than the big stores like Jewel and Dominicks. My daughter and I have noticed also that almost every time we go, the store is more crowded than before. The only thing I don't care for from there is their meat. I buy it elsewhere and ONLY when it's on sale.

#4 ·
I shop at Aldi in rural Indiana. It is the least expensive of my options, the others being Kroger or Walmart. Their prices have risen, but they are still less expensive than the competition here. I have also noticed the store is much more crowded in the last 6 months or so. I will say their product selection here has improved greatly, I'm assuming because they are selling more.

#5 ·
I am in Florida and we are susposed to be getting an Aldi's at some point. Have never been in one. Looking forward to seeing what all the Aldi excitement is about. Other stores are Publix, Winn Dixie, Sweetbay, Save A Lot and of course WalMart.

#7 ·
But Aldi has been here in the UK for a long time, so it's not exciting anymore. They're going a bit more upmarket here, I think, expanding their stores, offering more services like travel, etc. These things have to be paid for somehow, hence, the rise in prices

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.