Energy Prices

Thread: Energy Prices

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Energy Prices

Yowzer! Have you heard the news today (oh boy)? 19% increase in gas prices as 10% in electricity from our friends at Scottish Power. Man alive! That's around 48p per day on average for a dual fuel customer.

Talk about heat or eat!

I'm sure the others will follow suit so I'm spending today looking round for things to insulate. I think I'm going to have my needle and thread out a lot lining curtains and so forth. If this year is as cold as last year I'm going to have to get my finger out!

Is anyone thinking of switching to a better deal before the price goes up in August?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ive got Npower was going to go to southern electric until npower found out and they offered me £200 discount (rather than 100) I've not heard of a price increase as yet but i doubt it wont be long before i do.

Last year was very cold but living in my flat i got a lot of heat from the surrounding flats underneath and it wasnt too bad but i still had to have the heat on an hour before work and i'd set it to go on when i finish work so by the time i got back it was nice and warm.

When ever i finished coking in the oven i would leave the door open and use the heat to keep the kitchen warm and part of the lounge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi Bourne,

Hope you're doing well.

We went the opposite way last year - we moved from a mid terrace where, like you, we could draw on heat from our neighbours to detached house with huge windows for heat to escape through.

We haven't heard anything from our provider about a price increase yet either but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I was quite relieved when we received our quarterly statement in March as we were still just about in credit so our DD amount is correct if we have a cold winter. We will be more insulated this year though so hopefully any increases will be less painful due to this.

I do leave the oven door open when I've used it but we also have a Remoska which is a great size for just the two of us and uses less energy than the oven. Well worth it imo as the oven in our new house is pretty old and it eats up electricity.

Hope NPower keep any rises to a minimum for you, fingers crossed!