Your day, Wednesday January 16th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Wednesday January 16th 2013

Good morning everyone!

Once again a very cold day here - haven't been above zero at all for days.
    The snow is still here but has now frozen over.
    It is expected that we will be getting more snow at the weekend.

My cooking class yesterday went very well. I had been warned that there were a few kids with quite bad (some behavioral) problems.
    As is usually the case, I had no problems whatsoever with the kids - they all LOVE to cook. Of course this doesn't give a guarantee for the next lessons though.

Today I have my English classes with the gifted kids which means that I will be teaching from 12.30 till 16.30 this afternoon.
    These are highly paced classes and these kids really keep me on my toes.

This evening, my daughter in law's best friend is coming for dinner so that we can discuss my DIL's surprise baby shower.
    We will be having it on March 2nd and should be a lot of fun.

I already have a spicy apple/fresh ginger and cinnamon crumble ready and cooling - just waiting for dessert this evening (hope I can wait that long). It smells SOOOOOO good.

I'll be making spaghetti bolognese with salad, french bread with herb butter and then of course the apple crumble with cream.
    I can hardly wait!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad your class went well.

I love apple crumble, it's one of my favourites. DH makes an excellent one, he's far better at making puddings than I am. We're currently doing lots of experiments to try to perfect egg free cakes. We've been vegetarian for ages but gave up eating eggs last year, DH has almond milk but I'm not doing so well with that, I think it tastes like soap! I'm not a huge fan of dairy, never have been, but I can't face almond or soya milk first thing in the morning. Once I'm fully awake and breakfast time is over it doesn't bother me, but that first cup of tea has to have "proper" milk. When we go shopping everyone assumes I'm the vegan but nope. I've always been weak willed

I'm not sure what's going on today, never am! I have some puttering to do around the house as usual and those quilting blocks aren't going to stitch themselves but I'm happy to say yet again I have no plans. For the past 10 years we've always had a project on the go, usually home improvements or decorating but we're taking a year off so I don't have to spend my time dealing with workmen or walking to and from the DIY shop. It's great, but it frees up a lot of time. Good job I started quilting really!

DH's old housemate from university is meant to be coming to stay this weekend so I'll have to make sure the spare room is ready for him. But in traditional fashion we know he's coming but we don't know what day or time so plans are still very up in the air. It's not too much of a big deal as it's very casual anyway and we usually just end up lounging around drinking tea and chatting but I would like to know because I'm just like that.

Have a good day one and all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool

Glad you had a good class.
    I plan on working out then do dishes. Clean the upstairs bathroom & pack my lunch & go to work.
    Dh is making dinner (heating up leftovers). Then going to relax maybe work on my snowman puzzle or make valentine cards or work on a valentne centerpiece craft.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the sound of your Valentine centrepiece. What kind of crafts do you do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still cold here too. I will be watching DGS today. I need to wash the rugs and toilet seat covers and clean the fans in the bedrooms for my extra deep clean projects. Both cars will be gone in the am so I am going to sweep the garage out. For the kids art corner time we will be making bag puppets. Need to sit down and check the loss leaders in the ads today as we go grocery shopping this weekend. Dinner will be baked fish, sweet potatoes and peas