Your day, Friday January 18th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Friday January 18th 2013

It's snowing once again today and it's supposed to keep on snowing till Sunday. Thankfully it's not a blizzard or anything - yet.
    Also thankfully, I still LOVE the snow and still prefer it over rain any day of the week.

Today was already going to be a busy day for me today but a friend of Fiori (our daughter) called and asked if I would proof read her thesis. Of course I said yes and immediately regretted it when she said that it was 85 pages (YIKES) and that she would like to hand it in on Monday.
    I have just called her and said that I will still do it but there is no chance that it will be finished anywhere near Monday.
    (We have 30 guests coming for drinks and snacks on Saturday evening and I still have to get a LOT to get done and cleaned before then.)

So, busy day today - cleaning, grocery shopping - also for the drinks party - preparing school for next week and proof reading the thesis.

Also have to call my mom - it's her birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! (She 78 today!!)

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    It's snowing once again today and it's supposed to keep on snowing till Sunday. Thankfully it's not a blizzard or anything - yet.
    Also thankfully, I still LOVE the snow and still prefer it over rain any day of the week.
    Did you get out and do the grocery shopping while the roads were clear?

Maybe it's just my sense of paranoia but I have the idea that every European country except the UK prepares adequately for snow (the logic here being, I gather, that we have SO LITTLE snow that it's not worth investing in infrastructures to deal with it . . . ) - so I am assuming that even with your snowfall, your daily life will be far less disrupted than ours.

I've been listening to the BBC 4 Radio Today programme, where they announce the disastrous amounts of snow already falling in southern England and in Wales . . . . X numbers of schools already closed . . . warnings from the Highways Agency . . . drivers being told to stay off the roads unless their journey is essential . . . BBC News - LIVE: Snow disruption across UK

Meanwhile, nothing's happening here.

Stay safe, wherever you are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday to your mum!

Even we have snow today! The forecast changed yesterday and it looked like we wouldn't get any but here is is. I don't think it's much but it's pretty windy so looking outside makes me feel like I'm in a snowglobe DH is supposed to be participating in a conference about tourism today but whether the people from outside will get here or now I don't know. I assume some of them are coming from the south where I think the snow is worse.

I've been out with food and water for the birds, thankfully I got out there before the snow started, the buns are snuggled in front of the radiator looking unimpressed with the whole thing and I've been cutting strips for the quilt and I'm having a jam bun and some tea. I had porridge for breakfast thing morning, everyone told me it would keep me filled up until lunchtime. I was famished after an hour! It was yummy though.

Have a good day everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeekit View Post
    Did you get out and do the grocery shopping while the roads were clear?

Maybe it's just my sense of paranoia but I have the idea that every European country except the UK prepares adequately for snow (the logic here being, I gather, that we have SO LITTLE snow that it's not worth investing in infrastructures to deal with it . . . ) - so I am assuming that even with your snowfall, your daily life will be far less disrupted than ours.

Meanwhile, nothing's happening here.

Stay safe, wherever you are.
    Well yesterday I didn't go out the door, I stayed in and did a lot of school work - didn't get it finished unfortunately.

I will be doing the grocery shopping at some point today.

When the snow first hits here, the entire country comes to a standstill but within a day, everyone is used to it and everything works again.

If we get a blizzard and a lot of snow we will also get the same warnings as you guys do.

I remember a few years ago that hubby and I were in London and we had a delay going out because of bad weather in London City (we usually fly from the local airport in Rotterdam to London City). When we arrived there was a flurry of snow and nothing on the ground.
    When we came back, 2 days later, a snowstorm had hit most of Europe - except London at that time and ours was the only flight going out - literally. Amsterdam was closed together with the rest of Europe.
    When we finally arrived at Rotterdam airport, the only thing free of snow was the runway.
    We couldn't find our car because of the amount of snow that had fallen - at least 2 feet.

It was a big problem for 1 day and then everything went back to normal.

I drive a 4 wheel drive car so I don't mind going out since I feel very safe in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The college kids don't have school today so we may run the little guys to the park. I grocery shopped yesterday so today I can do a little more deep cleaning and bill paying. I need to scrub the shower doors, clean out the cars and do the weekly clean on the bathrooms. It's my laundry day so I will wait to iron until after everything is dry. The wooden clothespins I ordered arrived yesterday so I again have enough to line dry everything. Menu for the day - B- warm rice cereal with raisins and milk -L- pbjs and bananas -D- pork and broc over rice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Brilly69 View Post
    I would love to see some snow for just a few hours. We had the second hottest day on record today 42 degrees, and it was over 46 degrees in Sydney. I might be one of your guests on Saturday and come and visit.
    You are more than welcome!!!