Your day, Monday January 21st 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Monday January 21st 2013

I didn't get a chance to write a post yesterday because I was
    busy the entire day with proof-reading a thesis of 91 pages (belongs to one of Fiori's friends from college).

I wanted to get it done as quickly as possible (as did she) so I started really early and thankfully hubby helped a lot by making breakfast, lunch and dinner and that's the only time I stopped.
    Finally at 9 pm I finished - YEAH!!!

This means that I can all the stuff done today that I wanted to get done yesterday.

On Saturday morning, my dryer died. Of course I had just pulled the sheets off both (king size) beds and was about to put a load of laundry into the dryer.
    This is not the first time that the dryer had had problems and it was quite old, so I knew that the chances that it could be repaired were almost zero.
    Thankfully I always use a small family company for this kind of thing and they actually came by late Saturday afternoon (just before my guests arrived).
    They had a look and confirmed my suspicions that it was now really broken and it would cost a LOT to repair it (including spare parts that would have to be ordered).

Believe it or not but within 1 hour I had a brand spanking new dryer in my laundry room.
    We had allotted money in our budget for this since I knew that the dryer was on it's last legs but this kind of thing never happens when you have finished all the laundry, does it?

Yesterday - in between doing the thesis - looking outside was a feast to behold. We got about 6 inches of snow - on top of all the stuff we already had. It really is beautiful.

Today, I have to get some grocery shopping done and do loads of ironing, tidying up etc. But further I will be having almost a day off since I have been busy constantly for too many days and tomorrow the circus of school/cleaning etc. begins again.

Have a great day everyone and if you have to go out in bad weather or in a lot of snow - please stay safe!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear you got your dryer sorted. I have never owned one, nor a dishwasher but I can imagine how tough it would be if you're used to having one around then it keels over!

I can hardly believe it but it's snowing here again. Yesterday it didn't really snow at all so everywhere had thawed, we took ourselves down to Lytham and nipped into a few shops, it was so quiet so we had a good chat with everyone working in the shops. Then ew spent the afternoon at home just puttering around. Dh is supposed to be going over to Nottingham tomorrow for an Arts Council meeting but who knows if that will happen. Today, with it being snowy, there's only really one thing for me to do so I've done a bit of cooking for the freezer/this week. Currently bubbling away I have a chestnut and mustard cobbler, a tagine type thing and an extra large pan of chickpea balti. No cake for us today as we had plenty over the weekend.

I'm trying to think of something to buy for DH for his birthday, the budget is £13 so I'll need to get my thinking cap on...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

britbunny - a whole £13 for a birthday gift! Let me tell you what we do, and you can see if it would work, in your family.

MyLovelyMan and I have a ceiling of £20, each, to buy gifts for each other, for Christmas and Birthday. This means in reality a lot of small, lovingly-chosen, individually-wrapped suitable gifts, all packed (this Christmastime) in a decorated shoe-box. Off the top of my head, for HIM, there were: a pair of cycling gloves (he's always "losing" one); Asda's own mini-scotch with toffee-flavoured caramels; a book of his favourite kind of puzzles and a mechanical pencil with it's own eraser; a handy thing for scraping the ice off the windscreen when there's no old cassette-box handy; a bar of chocolate; another handy thing for magically mending the crack in the red cover on the lights on the back of the car; a box of three Magum icecreams (hidden in the freezer - a "voucher" for them was in the box) . . . there were more things, but I've forgotten.

Would this work for you? When's his birthday? Such a treasure-trove does take time to put together but you can get a lot of really fun items, with time, love and attention.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks TK,

His birthday is the first day of February. I love the idea of the box of stuff. £13 is just the way it worked out. We have never bought each other gifts but we decided just before Christmas that it would be fun to buy each other Christmas gifts and it was fun! We had a large budget, £75 but as we've been together for nearly 12 years it averages out.