Your day, Thursday January 24th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Thursday January 24th 2013

The sun isn't shining today and we are in the middle of 'cold snap'.
    It is REALLY REALLY cold with an easterly wind making it feel a LOT colder than the -4 C (during the day) than it actually is.

Today I am determined to get everything down on paper - split up per day - that I want to get done before Monday,
    I am DETERMINED to get organized.
    Each time that I almost get it all done and think - well that's it all sorted out, then something happens.
    My dryer breaking down is a very good example of something happening in between plus the thesis that I had to proofread last weekend. Those two things held me back so much last week.

Anyhow, that's it for today.
    In principle I don't have to get out for groceries today unless a small miracle happens and I get everything done that I need to get done today including making a grocery list for both the 'normal' groceries and one for the dinner party we're having at the weekend.

Wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning to you busy bee!

I went to bed cross and I am cross all over again this morning, all over something and nothing. Last night at a football match a footballer kicked a ballboy and people are blaming the ballboy for timewasting! So it's ok for me to kick a teenager then next time I'm in a rush and they're dragging their feet? I'll bear that in mind. Good grief, what in the world is wrong with people? I know that's a rant but over the past year or so we seem to have developed a culture of blaming the victim about all manner of things and it drives me crazy.

Dh went to Nottingham yesterday and had a good meeting but sadly for him that place is curse. Last time he went he was stuck in a traffic jam for over 3 hours and yesterday when he got to Manchester a train had derailed so he had to go all over the world to get home. He's hoping the meeting is somewhere else next time

My quiet week continues which is great. Looking forward to the weekend. Good luck with getting organised!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Excitement!

DH has been nominated for an outstanding service award at work. There is an awards evening in March where people will be getting awards for various things. It's not usually the kind of thing I'd look forward to but it's so exciting and even if he doesn't win it is so heartening to know that someone has thought to nominate him for it.

The dress code is smart casual, not really something that's covered in my wardrobe. I have "posh do", "funeral", "going out" and "casual". don't know if any of that will fit the bill. Might have to go with the funeral frock and hope for the best!