Your day, Tuesday January 29th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Tuesday January 29th 2013

What a change in the weather!
    I really enjoyed yesterday - it was quite cold but the sun and blue sky made up for that.
    During the evening we had a storm brewing and I heard the wind howling most of the night.
    It is still blustery and it's supposed to be chucking it down ALL day today and actually rain is forecast all week.
    Time for Spring I say!

I have to go to school later on today for my cookery class.

Yesterday evening was HUGE in Dutch history. Our Queen Beatrix has decided to abdicate in favor of her son Willem-Alexander.
    There has been speculation for years and always around her birthday on Jan 31st each year, there have been rumors however nothing happened till last night.
    I believe that she wanted to get ahead of everyone speculating on her birthday. Good for her!

She is still a very active 75 year old but believes that it is time to step aside for a new generation.
    So for the first time in more than 100 years, we will have a King.

I personally had a feeling that she would do it this year because of the tragedy in her family last year. Her middle son was buried under an avalanche last February and has been in a coma since then.
    This son lives in London with his wife and children and it has been said that the Queen has been going back and forward to London every week to be with him.

So April 30th is going to really, really BIG across here. Normally it is a big celebration anyway because of Queen's day (in honor of Beatrix's mother), but this time it is going to be really BIG!!!
    We won't be in Holland at that time but will be on vacation but we will try and watch it anyway.
    We have already said to our daughter that she has to record it for us for when we get back.

Hope the weather is better where you are!

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that sounds like its going to be a cause for celebration! I have to admit I know very little about the dutch Monarchy!

Its a miserable day here..raining again! It seems to just be constantly windy and rainy the last 2 weeks, hope it will pick up soon, Ive been trying to make a proper effort and walk the boys to school ( Ciaras is too far) to try and cut down on petrol and for exercise but the rain is putting a stop to that and im having to use the car.i dont mind walking in the rain but the boys hate it!

so today I have a friend coming round for a couple of coffees and then im meeting another friend later..its a very sociable day!! I have on my list for today though to tackle the welsh dresser inside and out amongst other things

2013 is really going to be the year to organise myself and my surroundings!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As we are having about the same weather as the Netherlands, we had the wind blowing around the house a lot yesterday too and sadly it is raining today. I however prefer it over the ice we had yesterday. Sunday the temperature went above 0°C, so everything started melting, but it froze again that night..

Well the planning for today is to get a couple of applications sent out. Sadly the company I used to work for has not sent me the reference letter they have promissed me, I hope they will send it tomorrow. Anyhow I looked a couple of interesting positions up and I will write the motivation letters in the afternoon, probably nothing else I can do today.

And Dutch congrats on the switch of the Queen to a King, I saw the speech yesterday on the television.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I heard on the radio that you're to get a new King. Exciting times.

I tried to post here 3 times yesterday but the weather was soooo bad the internet was on and off all day. Of course what I had to say was fascinating but sadly lost forever Saturday was a beautiful day so we went to the beach, along with everyone else in town! So we watched people with kites and stuff for a little while and took some photographs then tried out a new cafe which was lovely with very nice owners, we'll be going back there.

I'm looking for somewhere for us to eat on Friday lunchtime, as I probably said we're going to Nottingham. It's DH's birthday so we're having a little trip out, assuming the weather's not too bad. We've never been there together and I haven't been for years, DH visited for a meeting last week and wants to return for fun. Other than visiting the two football grounds I'm not sure what we're going to do. All I know about Nottingham is - Brian Clough, Robin Hood, lace and erm... that's about it.

As well as watching the rain pour down yesterday I did some dull but necessary tasks about the house, I was so busy I didn't even get time to quilt so I'm making up for that today. The buns are full of the joys today so they're tearing around making a mess so I'll clear all their toys away when they finally flake out. That's all for me I think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it snowed here again so i'll make my chicken chili with the rest of the chicken and homemade rolls,got to do a little more laundry and scrub the bathroom again using my homemade cleaner of baking soda,peroxide and cream of tartar as it really makes the tub and tiles shine,then i'll work on a few easter crafts that's about it for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoy nottingham..I remember visiting years ago.. Robin hood and lace lol..thats all I can think of! I know we went to sherwood forest and I remember a castle ( or maybe i imagined it!) have fun anyway

Ive done very little today..I cannot get motivated today at all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, there is a castle!