Your day, Saturday February 2nd 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Saturday February 2nd 2013

It's already almost 1 pm and I feel that I've been busy all morning but really haven't accomplished much - well at least not any of the things on my list for today.

Fiori announced yesterday that she had volunteered to make 50 scones (yes 50!) for a friend's birthday because the friend was having an afternoon tea but didn't know how to make scones.

Fiori volunteered to make them which means that I have been making scones for the last 90 minutes. Scones are one of the things that I always have trouble making.

If anyone has a decent recipe that is reasonably foolproof I would more than LOVE to have it.

I now made them with a very quick but actually not very good recipe I have used before which uses Greek yoghurt.
    They actually aren't bad but they aren't the real thing, if you know what I mean.
    It is only recently that we have been able to buy clotted cream here and now that I made these ones for Fiori, I actually want to make my own (real ones) again.

I'll have to make scones anyway for the baby shower we're having for Nina (daughter in law) since we are also having an afternoon tea , so I will have to practice before then.

I have also done the weekend grocery shopping this morning.
    We're having guests for lunch tomorrow and I had to get the last things in the house.

Further today I have 2 options - either just 'chill' and do nothing OR I can face up to the fact that at some point I will have to do my school work (still not done) and the ironing. It's all very well doing laundry, but he ironing won't do itself.

We got one piece of news yesterday and if I talk about it too much I will cry.
    Fiori has found an apartment and will be moving out. She has talked about this for a while but now it's actually going to happen......

OK I know that she 22 and all that. I know that it's time and that she can't stay home for ever, but to be quite honest I am dreading it.
    I have never ever been bothered about my age etc. but the idea of all my kids having flown the nest makes me feel old.

(Sorry for the pity party!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Soooo, she volunteered but you're doing the work? How did that happen?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had kind of the flip side of that feeling yesterday, Dutchie. I stopped by my Mom's house to see her, and we were chatting about this and that. Then she mentioned that every time she walks down the stairs from her bedroom to the first floor in the morning, she wonders how many more times she will be doing that. She said she can't help but lay in bed at night and think about the past and how fast time has gone. Then she started crying.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    I had kind of the flip side of that feeling yesterday, Dutchie. I stopped by my Mom's house to see her, and we were chatting about this and that. Then she mentioned that every time she walks down the stairs from her bedroom to the first floor in the morning, she wonders how many more times she will be doing that. She said she can't help but lay in bed at night and think about the past and how fast time has gone. Then she started crying.
    This made me cry too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unfortunately,as we age we all start to think like that,because you just never know.I know what she is going through.Is she alone,because that plays a big part too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, she lives alone, but only about 10 minutes from my sister. They see each other a couple of times per week, my mother has friends in the area, and I try to get up there a couple of times per month. so she is not lonely. But when you are by yourself at night, I guess you don't have a lot of control over where your mind wanders.

It absolutely made me stop and really see her as an individual human being, and as more than just my mother.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Madhen
    Forgot about this post.Speaking for myself,I am not lonely so to speak,but I do miss my life the way it was,the way I knew it.Then my husband passed and my life ended.Sure people say,life goes on,but it is just the body that goes on,your"life" has actually stopped.Now with that said,the body does adapt, but if you are pineing for the past it is hard on the old brain.I have a large family all supportive,which has always been,but living by myself and knowing full well that time is moving on makes you full aware of what the future will hold.Yes I have things to do to keep my body going,and that part gets easier,but mentally there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think back to my life,the one I used to have and am still missing terribly.Sad,I know,and I do not share this with folks,but thought I would share with you.When one gets older we all miss what we used to have,regrets,I should have done things differently,why me,are some things that the mind starts dwelling on,its called bad days,we all have them.