Your day, Wednesday February 13th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Wednesday February 13th 2013

Today is going to be a busy one.

Firstly I have to get everything done before 11 am (laundry, tidying up, showered, dinner ready, go through my school work for today).
    Then I have to go to a garden center to get a gift for my mother in law - going to get a decorative basket filled with flowering bulbs. Then I am going to school and then I will be going to her birthday party directly after school.
    Then back home, dinner and crash on the couch, then bed.

Whew, I am tired just writing it.

Have a great day everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sounds like you have a busy day!

I have a meeting at youngest sons school ( again!) as soon as I drop the boys to school, my DD is on school half term this week..the boys are off thurs and friday Yay!

after the meeting I am going to meet some friends..we go to a meditation class for an hour, im going to walk so by the time i get home it will be a nice 4 mile trip.

then Im doing a bit of sewing, picking up the boys and DD and her friend who is staying with us, we will drive down to her house which is 1.5hr away to take her home ( she has been here 4 days), Ill pop in and see the SIL on my way there as they live in that area and then home
    I dont think we will be home till at least 9pm so its going to be a long day!

hope your day goes smoothly Avril
    Have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yep, that sounds like a busy one Avril, hope you're not too worn out!

Rachael, meditation class sounds lovely, have you been doing that long?

Not that I want to keep banging on about horse stuff but even the mighty Waitrose aren't immune from tampering and their meat is British. A slaughterhouse in Todmorden, Yorkshire and one in Wales are being investigated. I'm actually shocked that British companies are involved too.

Well, this morning it is snowing! Not loads but it's very much there floating about, the birds were all singing all dancing when I put their food out Today for me is cleaning, quilting and exercise. Same as ever really. Have a good day everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ive been doing it a few weeks.. there are about 12 of us and the lady that does it does it for free.. its lovely, an hour of peace and tranquility and i feel so refreshed coming out of there!

The horse thing is really hitting the news, i think alot of local butchers are going to do very well as people will want to know where their meat is coming from..I always use our local butcher and rarely get meat from the supermarket, I always thought the butcher would be more expensive but if you shop sensibly with the deals he has he works out about the same.

Im glad we dont have snow! I always find it funny that we are just over the water from the UK but we seem to have a totally different weather system..we have had no snow at all..there has been some on the mountains but not where we are. at the moment it is..raining..as usual!! its a good job i dont mind walking in the rain!

quilting sounds fun..it not something i have ever done but would love to learn

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, it's really weird. I live on the west coast of England and when we moved here everyone said "oh you'll miss the snow" proclaiming it never snows here. There was snow in 1976 and never since but here we are 3 years of snow on the run! It's always surprising to get it though. From the various beaches we can see the hills in Cumbria, East Lancs and on a clear day Wales and there are so many times we have beautiful sun but over there we can see snow or black clouds and rain. Even when DH is at work in the next town we'll have different weather. Odd.

How amazing to have the class for free, sounds like an ideal group size too, not too big nor small.

Quilting is fun. I only started this time last year. I've made one single bed sized quilt so far and one small panel that lives on the living room wall. I'm working on one now for DH to have on the sofa, he is always cold so he'll get a lot of use out of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DIL's phone alarm went off a half hour before my alarm did. Not a prob usually except she left it on the first floor so I woke up and had to take it downstairs to her. Since I was up I went ahead and ironed clothes and wiped down the kitchen and computer tables. We are trying to figure out the schedule for Ash Wednesday services since the kids' work and school schedules are not really giving a window of time for us to go to church. The only housework left to do is sweep the garage plus the usual cooking and cleaning. Dinner will be pork chops and zucchini in the crock pot served over oven baked potatoes