Your day, Sunday February 17th 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Your day, Sunday February 17th 2013

Good morning everyone!
    We had a very, very tiring day yesterday but we managed to get a LOAD done - more than I had expected at the beginning of the day!
    Hubby and I got the recipe book finished and then we drove all over the city to get it printed (did you know that most printers in this city are closed on a Sat?). We finally found one that was open and got the book printed.
    Before going into the city we went to hubby's parents to do their weekly grocery shopping.

So at around 4 pm we were finally finished but exhausted.

Because the printer shop we had found was in the neighborhood of one of our favorite middle-eastern restaurants we treated ourselves to an early diner in there.

After getting home I got some school work done.

Today will be LOADS of laundry/ironing including our bed, some more school work and assembling the recipe books.
    Whew!!!

If I get everything done then I will have a good start for Monday.
    Our week is a bit shorter this week since we will be leaving on Friday for a long weekend in New York.

Have a great Sunday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a lot of running around for one little book! Hope everyone appreciates your efforts

We had a fab day yesterday, we decided to have a bit of a drive out so we were all set to go when we saw our neighbour's daughter. We knew the house was empty and had been for some time as I hadn't seen his carers coming and going. We feared the worst but thankfully he is still with us but can't manage to live on his own any longer so he has gone into a care home. Not what anyone wanted but it was unavoidable. Anyway his daughter is clearing the house out as they want to rent it out to provide some income to pay for his ongoing care (residential homes are very expensive). She mentioned that it was unchanged since the 1960's and we were amazed (we bought our house because we love that 60's thing) so she invited us in to see the original kitchen. It was amazing! DH now wants to reinstate ours in the same way.

It was so strange to be in the house, it's exactly the same as ours but seeing if without our stuff in made it look so different and gave us a ton of ideas! Anyway long story short I mentioned the door handles as we need some for our house, and as always happens she said they'd gone into the skip the previous day. Fast forward 8 hours and we returned from our day out to find a bag in front of the house containing... door handles! I couldn't believe it. So we popped £10 in an envelope for them to donate to the charity of their choice, thought that was the best way to do it.

In between all that we went to Ulverston in the South Lakes area (North West England). We'd never been before, only driven through on our way elsewhere. It's great! A lovely little market town with very nice people, lots of local shops, a Laurel and Hardy museum (we didn't make it to that) and all manner of other things. Including an amazing Buddhist temple. We ate at the "World Peace Cafe" which is a vegetarian cafe which is associated with the temple. It was almost certainly the most relaxing meal we've ever had! We tried very hard not to spend load of money but some of the things were just too beautiful and there was a great health food shop selling lots of good stuff we have difficulty getting hold of where we are. We then walked up to a monument at the top of the hill, a lighthouse, then it was time to come home, via Cartmel for some sticky toffee pudding!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you had a fabulous day and what a nice gesture of your neighbor's daughter regarding the door handles.
    I'm sure she will put the £10 to good use.

It has turned into one of those glorious pre-spring days where the sun is shining and the air is really crisp. To be quite honest I had(have) loads to get done but the two of us thought to hell with it, we are going for a nice long walk to take advantage of this nice weather. These days are few and far between so it's always a good idea to make use of them. The sun is already gaining in strength and was quite warm in some places.

I still have quite a lot to get done but I do have a great feeling after my walk.

Brit, would you mind doing the 'your day' as from Friday since we will be in New York for a few days?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

She came round yesterday morning with the cash to try to return it but we insisted she donate it somewhere so she said she would.

I will start the thread while you're away.