Frugal Friday 12.28.12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Frugal Friday 12.28.12

Should be a pretty frugal day around here.

-Still eating breakfast out of the pantry and freezer, and everyone was still able to find something to eat, despite the complaining.
    -We'll be having lunch out with my parents. My Dad called and asked if he could take all of us out to lunch and if DH could meet us. So, he'll be meeting the kids and I and my parents at a local diner for lunch. Kids are over the moon and I'm grateful not to have to make sandwiches today.
    -The DS8 and DS6 are going to play at a friends house this afternoon, so DD and DS1 and I will be heading to the library to return some things and see what we might like to take out.
    -I'll be listing two Vera Bradley bags on eBay as well as a Nook and am hopeful about those auctions.
    -I've gotten some laundry done and need to get a bit more done, as well.
    -Dinner will be leftovers that my father-in-law dropped off yesterday, from Christmas.
    -I need to write thank-you letters to my students that gave me gifts and notes for Christmas and get those in the mail ASAP. I'd like them to get them before we go back to school.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Watching the kids today. Last day with an extra kid!! Have to clean up and gather all her stuff for when she leaves this afternoon.

Eating what we can find today. Homemade pizza for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to Kmart to look for night gowns. I have the $10. incentive rewards to use up.
    I will drop DD off at BF's first to avoid her helping me shop. lol
    Will take down some Christmas to put my new couch in the spot where the tree is tomorrow.
    I am making DD get all her home goods out from under the tree. She is irratated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Feeling almost normal today so right now am doing three loads of laundry. I have about three more loads to go but heck it can wait. Have the curtains open since the sun is actually shinning right now. Need to go clean all the glass and mirror surfaces today. Hopefully I can get some indoor exercise in today. Still biting at the bit to get outside and walk but want to baby myself some more to make sure am over this bronchitis. Just feels good to feel normal again and have some energy!

Cat is laying on my lap right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is shopping day.

Off to target for meds.

2 grocery stores for loss leaders and then to aldi. Luckily they are fairly close to each other.

Also to the bank.

Then the post office to send oldest ds' car payoff. He sold his car so he can be out of debt. He's 26, married and doesn't want debt. He likes saving. He learned from his parents' bad mistakes.
    Last edited by jettsmom; 12-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quiet day here. It was a "snowmageddon" storm yesterday but the sun is shining this morning and our neighborhood's streets are clean so I bundled up Mini and went for a walk in the stroller.
    Might go to friends' house this evening depending on what time dh comes home.
    Wanted to go shopping but changed mu mind... More money in my pocket
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Planning to take off work early today and hit the grocery for my $.99 sodas, 50% off Christmas candy (for Valentine's, Easter, and the cousins), frozen meals, and milk... may also see if it's ok to weigh-in today for the New Year's weight-loss challenge I'm joining at work. Then home to begin emptying out the kitchen (Contractors claim they're starting WEDNESDAY, hurray!!!)

As far as frugalness... aside from planning my grocery pick-up, I spent some quiet time this morning cracking all the leftover nuts from the Christmas nut-bowl (gotta have one, but always have leftovers...) and sorting them. If I left them in the shells, I'd either gobble them (bad for weight) or toss them out to the squirrels (wasteful), so now I can add them to my cooking and baking stash. Yay.

Not planning to do anything for lunch, as a co-worker who's quitting brought in a bunch of chocolate chip pancakes for everyone, so those filled me up. Bonus, I got to keep the IHOP container to re-use, put the little butter-packs in the fridge for toast some morning, and I'm taking home the leftover syrup packs to dump in my bottle at home. (Yes, I actually do this... ghetto, right?)

Looking forward to a quiet weekend moving everything from the old kitchen upstairs to whereever-there's-room and setting up my temporary make-it-work kitchen on the bar downstairs... there's a tiny sink, a microwave, and a dorm fridge there already... I'll add the crockpot, the electric skillets, and the toaster oven I bought for $18 on BF... It should work alright. I lived in a dorm for a long time... we can make this work...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A frugal day here it is raining maby that will melt the snow if it dont get below 32. Made crockpot of chilie will freeze some.Need do some laundry and carry out bag trash.Going try stay away from store until next year.Everyone have a good week end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had my last client for the year
    Had some leftover muffins for brunch.
    Picking up the boys tonight, they are staying with us till next Tuesday....thank god we stocked up at Sam's!
    Hubby wants to go and see if the laptop we want is available at Best buy....have the xmas cash to pay for it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am feeling better too and am plowing away ay laundry all day. All washed in cold of course. All leftover all day so far today too. I will have to make mash potatoes to fill in the rest for dinner. Tonight I will be trying my first attempt at potato skins for the mash potatoes and top them with bacon and cheese. So tha will be a nice little appetizer. I lent my brother my truck for the weekend because he has been helping us so much while I have been sick this past month. So I can't drive anywhere today or tomorrow which is ok with me. Lol! I need to start tagging for a consignment sale coming up soon but it might have to wait till next week. I will be returning some Xmas gifts this Sunday after church and I plan to use the credit to get useful needed things. I also have kohls credit that needs used up too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow Amy you mail the thank you notes to the students homes?! We never got that when I was growing up - teachers gave us the thank you notes to take home to our parents.

shoiji - glad you're feeling a lil better. Maybe go out for a short walk, just to get some fresh air?

I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. A whole bunch of 18 wheelers. I think the whole going to bed at 2am for the past 3 weeks b/c DH has been working late is finally catching up with me. That plus last night I went into work with him during an emergency at 2am and returned home at 3.30am. I feel so run down and upside down right now. Just finished coffee & breakky not too long ago and have been a potato on the couch next to DH. He's beyond exhausted too. Thank goodness on call ends tonight at 4pm!

The week before Christmas we stocked up on various grocery items for different recipes I had wanted to try plus our regular grocery stock up so we wouldn't have to venture out to grocery shop during Christmas week. We're close to being done emptying out the fridge as well as eating up various leftovers. We also have plenty in the deep freezer to choose from which we haven't even ventured into yet. We're still good to continue on with grocery shopping hibernation!!

Today will def be a Frugal Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Wow Amy you mail the thank you notes to the students homes?! We never got that when I was growing up - teachers gave us the thank you notes to take home to our parents.
    I do. I figure that if they went to the trouble (or their parents on their behalf) to give me something, I can take the time to make them feel special by getting mail. I remember I used to love getting mail as a kid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today has been pretty calm here. Got up early and cleaned a few rooms and did a couple loads of laundry. We did take kids to used book store but only spent about $5. Dh got a book and Ds got a book and 2 comics. Working on some 2013 budget stuff and gardening plans. Oh and we ate at home today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    I do. I figure that if they went to the trouble (or their parents on their behalf) to give me something, I can take the time to make them feel special by getting mail. I remember I used to love getting mail as a kid.
    That is just pure awesome We need more people like you out there in this world!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was a frugal day here. I made my lunch to take to work. Came home & dh had made Chili for dinner. It was a no spend day.