Frugal Friday 2019
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal Friday 2019

Share all Frugal Friday Posts here.

4/12 Another chilly day here. I loved listening to the wind last night. Felt cozy inside my home.

Haven't felt well most of the week, so I haven't gotten much done.

Today I finally got a load of laundry going. Then off to the store for those bird feeders I've been wanting.

Not sure if dgd will get to spend the night. She got in trouble yesterday, so that privilege was taken away. Hopefully she got to earn it back. She likes to help me fold laundry and earn money.

Dinner will most likely be frozen pizza, unless dh wants something else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/19 Nice and sunny, but chilly.

Today is my big shopping day, so I'm off to hit all the stores. Unfortunately, there isn't a store that carries everything I need. Luckily they are all fairly close to each other.

We got a lot done at inlaws house yesterday. Tonight we will finish the edges of the carpet and install the baseboards. We need to get a plug, since the person doing some of the construction broke the plug for the washing machine. Then I think we are done. It's up to everyone else to get the rest of the house ready. Mostly needs a good cleaning.

We'll go to Home depot tonight to get the plug and pick up a few last minute items. I'll look at some more paint colors for my house. It's time to paint the outside again.

The dinner plan for tonight is homemade pizza. If not, I have $10 to use at a pizza place here and we'll just grab some there while we are out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/26 Another beautiful day, before the rains come. Just wish I felt better. I think my crohns is acting up.

I need to wash some blankets and change the sheets on the bed.

We'll go to the store tonight to pick up the last few things for the inlaws house. They should be ready to move in this weekend.

Dgd will most likely spend the night.

We'll probably have ham, eggs, hashbrowns for dinner tonight.

I do need to run to the store to pick up a few items for next week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/10 The sun is shining!

Got up today and actually cooked some breakfast. Usually it's just a cookie and a soda. We'll see how this goes. I'm having tummy issues and I really need this to clear up quickly. It's been a month. It took me that long to realize I'm in a flare.

I do need to return some shoes I got for dgd and exchange for a different size. Drop off my hallmark ornament order. I'm pretty late doing that this year.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. It may be breakfast, burgers or frozen pizza or mac & Cheese. We'll see where we are when it's time to eat and if we even feel like eating.

It's the last push to get the inlaws moved. Just a bit of clean up and making beds. There are still a few little things that need to be done, but nothing to prevent them from moving in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/19 It's so good to the sun shining. We really need a break from the rain.

Today is shopping day! I'm not too excited about it. It's not an enjoyable task anymore. I'm hoping to get everything I need from Aldi. I may have to make another stop for apples, but I'll do that next week when I go to get the household supplies.

Dgd will spend the night. She's looks forward to Friday's. She calls first thing to say "granma it's Friday!".

We'll probably grab a burger somewhere tonight. She loves going to the restaurant. She's funny.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/7 I think we may have a rain free weekend. Yeah!!!! Lots to do around the house. Dh wants to power wash the exterior and then maybe get some primer on one side of the house.

Still not feeling 100%, didn't sleep well last night. having back spasms and stomach cramps.

It could be a busy weekend. we would like to also clean the vehicles. It's been awhile because of all the rain. We also need to straighten up the garage.

If dgd spends the night, we'll probably have eggs, ham and pancakes. One of her favorites. If she doesn't spend the night, we'll save that for Sunday dinner and figure something else out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- Hope dgd stayed over. Hope you're doing better..

We've had rain as well. Cool nights and more rain. The days can be hot but overcast and then cold rain. I'm not loving this at all.

I got some tea today and bagels for the family. My dad sometimes got bagels on Sundays when we were in our teens.

I hope to make enchiladas tomorrow. I have been wanting them for at least a week now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/14 It's been a busy day. We had dgd all day. She spent the night last night. Mommy went to visit her family and dgd and daddy will head down tomorrow.

We went to see Secret Life of Pets 2. It was a really good movie. I loved the first one. Dgd wanted to go home to get one of her Secret Life of Pets toys. We came home and had sandwiches for lunch and dh and dgd took naps, while I did some stuff in the kitchen. Then we made slime.

We played with the water table from a couple of years ago. Cleaned it out and it's back ready for summer fun. We had pizza for dinner. Found a good deal at Pizza hut.

Dh is off helping a lady at church. I was hoping to go get dirt for the veggies I want to plant, but that may have to wait. We still have a little time tonight, but dh may not feel like it. I'll just have to plant it myself without dgd.

Hasn't been the most frugal day, but we sure had fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/28 Nice hot, sunny day here. Going to try and get out soon to do the grocery shopping before it gets too hot.

Today's plans are shopping, laundry and general clean up.

Dgd will be spending the night tonight. I'm surprised she hasn't called yet to say "grandma... it's Friday!"

Yesterday I got the two pillow cases made for dgd. They turned out great. I think she'll love them. I used the "magic" pillow case tutorial. It was really easy. I was able to make two pillow cases out of 2 yards of fabric. I had to add 2 inches of scrap fabric also.

I'll change the sheets on the bed today too.

Dinner tonight will probably be chicken nuggets or hot dogs and fries. Dh will probably have chicken wings or leftover chicken from yesterday.

We are going to try really, really, really hard to not eat out. We've spent so much lately, it's not even funny. It's mostly because dh's brother is single and doesn't like to eat alone, so he talks into going somewhere with him. Last night, we decided to eat at home instead of usual Thursday night out. We made him a plate to take home. For $10 we had so much chicken, that dh had lunch today and some leftover for tonight or tomorrow. We just have to stop. We were going to eat out on July 4th, kind of a tradition, but after thinking about it, we are going to cook at home. We usually pay for ds and his family. We could buy a lot of food for $60-75.00. I just need to stay motivated for cooking. I know if I ask, dh will help cook.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/12 Today the sun is shining, but I think it's going to be hot.

It's shopping day today. Trying to figure out a way to get it done quickly, but I will need to go to at least 3 stores. Sams has the best prices on dog treats and it's worth that extra stop. I haven't made my meal plan yet or looked at the grocery ads. It's hard with dgd here, so I need to do it now. I still have several meals in the freezer, so I don't really need much. I just need to decide on Sunday's dinner. Maybe breakfast.

Dgd will spend the night, but after she goes to the movies with her parents. She called to ask if it was okay. She's so sweet.

Washed a big load of sheets yesterday. They still weren't dry, so I started the dryer up again. I think it's getting close to time for a new dryer. That one is 25 years old. I'll wait until it dies. There's always the laundromat until I get a newer one if that ever happens.

Sometime today, I need to make a batch of pizza sauce. Dgd has been wanting to make pizza. We didn't get to it while she was here, so maybe tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is cute. good idea to eat at home more. here it is getting so expensive to eat out even at mcds.

meetings, stop by my mom to see if she has had the op. housework etc the usual. has been raining off and on all week. overcast now. not going to get more groceries before I go except milk and bread. use up what I have because I know veggies etc will rot in the fridge with the boys. froze the extra spaghetti sauce I made.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No spending today as I stocked up on food lately. Chicken was BOGO, pizzas on sale/clearance, Sis sent food by mail....A lot of it has to be cooked, so planning is essential. The kids want to eat NOW and that won't happen at this rate. I have a ham thawed so that will cook tomorrow. The starch will be a noodle, unless DH buys potatoes.

I saw a hair detangler for $6 in a magazine ad. I'll have to try it. The kind I get is 5x that price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/19 Another sunny super hot day.

I need to go to the store to buy more fruit and pick up a few things for the weekend. I couldn't decide on Sunday dinner, so I'll get some type of roast for the crockpot. Something I can just through in and not slave in the kitchen all afternoon.

I'll make some flatbread for dh. He's been asking for it and that will be our dinner for tomorrow instead of going out. I'll pick up some more tuna today also to make tuna salad for sandwiches.

Dgd won't be spending the night. They were invited to their cousins house and she wants to go to play with her cousins. It will be a nice break for me this weekend. She'll probably come over tomorrow to swim.

I'm going to do some laundry and then run dgd's towel over to her. She's been using her new towel here all week and she wants it for her last swimming lesson tomorrow. She's come a long way in swimming. Really proud of her. She loves the water.

Dh is working late, so I'll just grab a bite to eat sometime today. He packed his food for the day. I'll just be doing some odds and ends around the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/26 Another beautiful day here and so much to do.

Of course we have accomplished nothing in preparing for ds to come visit. We just can't say no when it comes to family. It drives me nuts, but what can you do.

I've got to go shopping for the week. We asked ds this morning if he wanted to do a get together with his aunt that is also visiting and he said no, he wanted to eat at home and have fried chicken. So it looks like I'm making chicken, potatoes and gravy for dinner on Sunday. It's boneless, breaded chicken. Kinda like chicken fried chicken.\

I've got to go everything I need for that. Pick up a few things for the inlaws. Dgd will spend the night and then I'll watch both girls in the morning. Ds will be here, but he'll be outside washing his car. Don't know where mom will be, but that's what grandma is for. We'll pick up ds in the after on Saturday. He'll be here a week. It will be good to see him.

Tonight we'll be working our tails off, getting his room ready. I think that's about all that will get done.

I don't know what I'll do for dinner tonight. There is a salad ready and fixings for an egg scramble, so we'll see what everyone feels like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/9 Grocery shopping day!!! My list is very small. We ate out quite a bit while ds was here. There are places he likes and when he's traveling for work out of the country he misses those things. One night we went bowling and just ate there. Another was taco bell, chick fil a. Then there were family get togethers. So....I still have quite a bit in the freezer to use up.

Just need to pick up a few odds and ends and fresh fruit. I have a couple of coupons for free items and will try to find those. I think Walmart carries both, so I'll go there and then sams for dog treats and fill up the car. I did stop at target yesterday and picked up a few things like toilet paper. Trying not to spend too much.

I'll clean out the humming bird feeders today too. Dgd and I will probably make cupcakes today. She's been asking to make cupcakes. Funny girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast