Frugal Friday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal Friday 2020

Hopefully things will be getting back to normal soon. Dh has so many appointments with different doctors. He was also enrolled in a study program, so he gets a lot of care for free along with one free med and gets paid $50 for each study visit. He has his first rehab appointment in 3 weeks. I love our insurance. The calendar year for us starts in May, so everything until then will be paid. We just have the $2700 deductible. We were worried we would have to pay out of pocket for everything starting Jan 1, but for some reason we start May 1.

Today, I have a couple of loads of laundry to fold and put one in the dryer. I got so far behind. The house is a mess. I've been cleaning out cupboards and countertops. I'll be taking a bunch of stuff to my parents next week. Food we won't be eating. Dgd keeps telling me to get the junk food out of the house. I told her I was trying.

I need to run to the store for a few items, like milk and some seasonings. Since I'm going to make my own mixes, I need to stock up on a few more seasonings. I think we have enough food for the next week. I told dh it was going to be expensive for a while, until I get the pantry stocked with the things we need. There are a few things that will cost more because I'll be looking for low sodium/sugar - no sodium items. I can't believe how much sodium is in everything. We won't be eating out much anymore. Too much sodium.

We'll be spending the weekend getting caught up on everything that has sat for the past two weeks. I'm trying to keep up, but right now it's overwhelming. I finally got a good nights sleep. I haven't slept well for the past couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got very little sleep last night so I'm hoping a nap is in my future today!

I have laundry to do to get my kids ready to go back to school next week. I also have some shopping to do today, so another spend day (I'm 0/3 so far on my No-Spend Day Challenge!)--DS1 needs new uniform pants to get him through the semester. I also need to pick up some things at the store and pharmacy that will hopefully ease DS2's tummy troubles.

Grabbing all the stuff now that I need for tonight's supper so I'm not scrambling to find everything later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a storm coming. There is a break in the rain, so I'm going to get out and finish up my shopping. Did most of it yesterday because it was so nice out. Tried to license ds' car, but there's a verification he needs. Hopefully he'll get that back to me soon. I really dislike the dmv.

Not much else going on. Should be quiet with snow coming. I do have some laundry to fold and do some basic clean up. Dh ran the dishwasher this morning, so I'll empty that.

Not sure about dinner. I need to find some really good diabetic/heart healthy foods. I'm sure I'm missing something. I'll spend some time today reading and looking online. My mind is thinking that anything with a sauce is bad for you. I know I'm wrong. I have seen a few recipes and I'm thinking it can't be good for you, but it actually is. Maybe we'll have spaghetti. Dh has been asking for it since he got out of the hospital.

I do plan to grind some wheat and make some bread this weekend. And make some spice mixes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got some snow and the temps have been so cold with wind. Ugh. The blanket has been on high and I look forward to it.

I went to the gym and rode my bike at home. I made dinner for myself with leftovers for tomorrow. I used some leftover chicken for it.

I have laundry in the dryer but will get it tomorrow. I didn't work or spend anything today. I need more days like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got several inches of snow last night. It's beautiful and quiet right now. Dh went to work. He took my car again today. He could put sand in the back of his truck, but he shouldn't be lifting that much weight yet. I don't really need to go anywhere. I do need to get dh's meds, but that can be done tomorrow. Also drop off a package at UPS. Better get up early tomorrow and get things done. I think we are babysitting in the afternoon.

I better get dh's shirts fixed for next week. He has some classes to go to Monday & Tuesday and I want him to look nice. It'll be great when he loses the weight and loses some of the fat from his arms. He had quite the workout yesterday. He was so tired. He didn't think he could do it all, but he pressed forward and stayed with it. He's serious about taking care of himself. I need to do better for myself. I need to find some fun recipes for the weekends. Something dgd will eat too. Sunday dinner isn't a problem, but Friday and Saturday, I want something fun. Maybe some grilled chicken tenders and sweet potato fries. That's sounds like a plan, except I don't have either. Next time.

Dh will not eat out anymore. Too much sodium and fat. He's already planned our anniversary dinner for next month. He'll help cook it. We usually don't go out on our anniversary anyway, since it's also Valentine's day. Just too busy.

Better find something to fix for dinner tonight. Maybe we'll just eat the rest of the spaghetti and fix dgd a pizza or pizza rolls, if she comes tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today should be an easy day. Not much happening. Dh has an appointment with a dietician this afternoon. Finally getting that done. Snowstorms, confusion on insurance, etc. Glad this will be done. Appointments are slowing down. He's in a study for a med right now and that was every week. Now we are going monthly and can coordinate that with rehab and his other doc. appointment. Eventually the study appt will be every 4 months. The upside is he gets $50 for every appointment.

Dgd will come spend the night. We will be decorating the house for the super bowl tonight. She loves parties and she'll find any reason to have a party. Lots of balloons and streamers. Most of it from the $$ store. I'm trying to decide on what to have for dessert. Either red & yellow rice krispie treats or red and yellow cookies. Maybe both if I'm up to it.

The insurance came in on dh's hospital stay. I'm glad we have insurance and glad we have an HSA. Hopefully we can go another couple of years before a major crisis so we can get the HSA funded again. We are upping or contribution either this payday or in May. Not sure when we can change it.

Tonight we'll have homemade tacos for dinner. Dgd loves her "taco bread" (tortillas).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent morning trying to coordinate doctor/test/etc appts. I've had to cancel one twice now cause another place can't change theirs. Will be so glad when this $%it is over. On top of that I have to work mine around his VA appts which are 2 1/2 hours away and he has some that he'll need a driver. Getting tired of this

Yesterday he ended up getting big tube Ben Gay ... $10... geez... that's what's what you get for getting at a grocery. No extras bought.

Today not planning on going anywhere or spending. Thank goodness
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cold and gray today. I really need some sunshine. It was sunny yesterday, but stayed in most of the day. Took dh to his diabetic eye appointment. Everything looked okay. There was one last test and he said they'd call if they found anything. He got new glasses. He got safety glasses because he needs them for work. He may get work to pay for them and then get another pair. Otherwise, he'll be wearing safety glasses all the time. They don't look too bad. He does need bifocals, but will just switch to readers when he needs them. I could never wear bifocals. They make me dizzy.

Grocery shopping today. I need to look over my list and see if there is anything I can cut out. I'm trying to shop weekly instead of every two weeks. I don't want anything to go to waste anymore. I had to throw out a bag of spinach last week. It was a month old and was getting slimy. We'd rather go a few times a week if needed so we don't waste food. I threw out a few other things that have been in the freezer too long. But it's food dh shouldn't be eating anyway.

Dgd will be spending the night. She was very upset that I didn't get her Chipotle after karate last night. We got some taco bell instead, and she was not happy. So I have to stop at chipotle today and get her some food. Funny little girl. She's growing up and becoming a moody little one. She just needs attention. She doesn't get as much at home. Mommy is busy on her tablet or taking care of baby sister. Daddy is either at work or being a nerd. I had her all day Wednesday and she was fine. Usually after a while, I'm ready for her to go home, but we had a good day.

Dh got our computer put together last night. He just needs to start transferring everything from the old computer to the new one. That will take some time. It cost more than we planned, but he is happy. Our old was 12 years old and couldn't support windows 10. The old one, put our info at risk for viruses, because microsoft no long supports anything but windows 10.

I'm going to try and get some work done in the craft room. I need to get the table cleared so I can finish dgd's quilt. Yes, it's still sitting there.

Dinner tonight will be...maybe some fish for dh, chipotle for dgd and me??? Dgd doesn't like the chicken in her chipotle bowl, so I usually get some tortillas and make myself some tacos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got vitamins at Target - If you bought 2 bottles they gave you $5 Target GC. And the bottles of 100 had extra 20 tablets each so 220. Should last me a year since I don't remember to take every day. I started because last blood work showed just a little bit anemic and yes I seemed tired all the time. Cheap remedy. Got hot dogs & buns to take to dad's. I'll make a cake this evening and split between home and dad's house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a $5 GC from Best Buy...….I went online and got a 3 month subscription for online "switch" gaming for DS2 for his birthday. Total out-of-pocket cost was $2.99.

Just thawing items for meals-a turkey, hamburger (crumble for use in enchiladas), Italian sausage (crumble to use in ziti).

Gramma sent gc to Target and may go for shampoo since I ran out. Nothing out of pocket...…..