No air conditioner or dryer!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default No air conditioner or dryer!!!

I am really on the road to doing this frugal thing the right way!! It is almost the end of June and we still haven't turned on the central air, I am really hoping that we won't have to at all, but we'll see how the summer goes!!
    I also haven't used our dryer in a little over a week!! I am actually finding laundry fun again!! I have sort of turned it into a game, how fast can stuff dry outside!! I have already saved myself over 2 hours worth of drying, just by hanging my heavy qulit for my bed outside!!!
    I am really loving this!!! Just wanted to share!!

Has anyone else found some things are just starting to come easier or what were some things that all of a sudden clicked for you???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When you live as far south as we do, you gotta have some air, but we use ceiling fans to keep the house as cool as they will and keep the air set on 80 or above. Haven't used my dryer in about a year, except for a couple rainy days. Hmmm, rain, I remember that stuff. It's wet, right? I'm catching the cold water in washed-out milk jugs when I turn on warm water and wait for it to get to the sink. It is almost a gallon of cold water. I use those to water my potted plants, etc. I'm so proud of you not using the air and dryer! God bless!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in Maine. We have ONE window unit in a bedroom upstairs but we aren't in that bedroom anymore. We do use window fans and a box fan in our room. If it gets too warm, I told Dh we will move the ac down to the living room window. So far it's been in the low 80s as highs but mostly staying in the 70s during the day and 50s to near 60 at night. Perfect for me - I moved from SW FL and it was 120 outside during the day (We lived in the middle of an orange grove).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah, forgot - we dont even own a dryer. Sometimes with the rain though, we have to go down to the laundromat to dry clothes. You can only hang so much in the house.