Frugal Village Forums banner

Trying to write an ad.....

Tags
write
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cmdarlin 
#1 ·
Moors really inspired me with her ad on Craigslist. I've been playing around trying to write one for myself and got to wondering.... What does one charge for certain services such as doing laundry/ironing, cooking meals, typing resumes/reports, running errands or doing housework? I have no clue what the 'going' rate is for anything like that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Debbie in Missouri

#2 ·
My mom charges $20/hour for housecleaning and ironing. But she does it in a rich area. I'm sure you could get away with at least $15. I would charge no less. And if you are having to travel, make a point that you will have to work for a minimum of hours. That way you don't go do an hour job and waste your time for $15.

Reactions: cmdarlin
#4 ·
I dunno. Let us know what you come up with and how it goes. I personally would like to look into seeing how much it might cost to have someone take me with them when they go in to town to grocery shop or run errands. I would guess that some people wouldn't mind getting a few extra dollars towards gas just to let me tag along on their weekly shopping trip.

What do you think? It could be called "Share a Ride" or something like that. We could post when/where we wanted to go maybe. It would have to be a lot cheaper than a taxi cab.

#5 ·
All things considered, it's really not worth the time to take on jobs for less than $15 an hour. I agree with humanzoo on that one.

Hopefully you can find people who need chores done, and will agree to pay a reasonable amount. Just watch out for the folks who want everything cheap or free. ;-)

#6 ·
On another note...not meaning to freak you out, but in our area there has been a problem of women getting *offers* from men to clean their house...and then they want other services!!! ACK!!!!

I charged 15.00 hour for house cleaning when I was doing it 6 years ago....

#7 ·
I'm not freaked out. I've heard of that happening. I think I'd have to do some kind of screening, you know? That and carry the little 25 in my purse! lol

debbie in missouri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.