Gas Discount Cards
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Gas Discount Cards

Do any of you take advantage of discount gas cards? Our A-Plus Sunoco has one that if you buy certain things in the store, you get different cents-per-gallon off of a gas purchase up to 20 gallons. Today was a great day for ours. I paid $18.18 for 20 gallons of gas, $.90.9 cents per gallon. It was like heaven!
    This is the only one that I have found that's useful. You get great rewards on things that I would normally be buying to begin with, plus their prices are decent before the discount.
    That was my frugal "high" for the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our Road Ranger has a gas savers card. I get 5 cents off per gallon when I use it. It's pretty nice.

Plus, they have discounts on other stuff in the store, but usually they are impulse buys and are pricey anways so I don't buy them.

But it also keeps track of your coffee & pop purchases and your 10th is always free. We don't get pop or coffee at the gas station much, but at least we don't have to keep track of punch cards now since it is attached to the payment card!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use this all the time. Giant Eagle here in Ohio give 10 cents off /gallon for every $50 purchased. You also earn on pharmacy purchases, and gift card purchases. Currently they are giving 20 cents/gallon on every $50 gift card purchased. I get 30 gallons free. I just bought tires at Sears. Paid for them with gift cards purchased at Giant Eagle. I earned $1.20 off per gallon. You can buy 30 gallons at at time. I fill up my biggest vehicle and take 5 gallons cans to make up the difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It all helps...
    we have them in canada too.
    In Safeway we get increasing amounts off , depending on how much our cumulative spending is....
    At Petro Can I get 5 cents off per litr when I use their credit card.
    At superstore I get 3.5 cents for every litre of gas purchased to spend in the store.

Hollyhill

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a gas card where we get 1 cent off per $10 spent, plus there are higher gas rebates on certain items. We just scan the card but don't buy any extras for the rebate. We commute a lot by bike so we only buy gas maybe twice a month. The rebates expire after 60 days so we just fill up on the rebate at the end of the month. Usually saves us anywhere from 25-50 cents per gallon, although one month we got $1 off/gal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shaws offers it here, but it has next to never actually paid for us. Shaws is the most expensive market hereabouts, so I do very little shopping there.

Stop & Shop here used to give you a $10 gift cert. if you spend $100. When things started to get tough, they raised the payoff limit to $200... I find the $10 gift certificates much more useful than a discount per gallon from the most expensive market.

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadebt View Post
    I use this all the time. Giant Eagle here in Ohio give 10 cents off /gallon for every $50 purchased. You also earn on pharmacy purchases, and gift card purchases. Currently they are giving 20 cents/gallon on every $50 gift card purchased. I get 30 gallons free. I just bought tires at Sears. Paid for them with gift cards purchased at Giant Eagle. I earned $1.20 off per gallon. You can buy 30 gallons at at time. I fill up my biggest vehicle and take 5 gallons cans to make up the difference.
    That is awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have the safeway card, but we don't live very close to one.

My Fred Meyer card gives us ten cents off per gallon if you buy $100 worth of stuff in a month. Sometimes we do sometimes we don't qualify. Conflicts with my death-of-a-thousand-cuts for the food budget.
    Last edited by Thevail; 03-12-2009 at 03:41 AM.