Cash for Clunkers -- Clunk You (Editorial) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think this program was just to take our minds off the real problems in this country and global problems.

Remember, baffle the voters with BS and they won't know what really is going on....LOL

Govt. keeps us guessing, so we don't settle down and learn the real truth of what they are doing...LOL
    Last edited by Karen1; 08-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by JanieD View Post
    "Someone" mentioned this program to DH. They still can't understand that I don't want a new car. People are so into everyone needs a new car, that this program would end all the excuses I've used to keep my clunker. I mean you say $4500 & many are ready to trade with little to no thought about what they are actually spending in the end. Anyway, mine was too old (must be less than 25 years old). I thought that was so funny! Can you believe it? Well, even if mine did qualify, I'm not planning on upgrading to higher insurance & taxes just to drive something good enough for someone else.

Maybe I should mention I drive 8-9 miles to work & feel this offsets the bad gas mileage. I do feel its important to do what we can for the environment. Just not sure this program is the answer.
    9 miles? Have you considered alternatives such as bike commuting? I'm not saying exclusively but a couple days could do wonders for your health and budget.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Preston, wow finally got to see that car, I trade my Taurus for it, but have put maybe 40,000 miles on it with nothing major done to it.

I don't even consider trading in my clunker that doesn't even qualify, for the program, and while it is suppose to only get 18 mpg, like you I've kept a running record and it's right on the button at 25 mph.

Have no idea why people want to have new, but can't help but think about all those good parts being smashed.

It looks better than I pictured it in my mind, but not much. Good luck with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just read that the cash for clunkers program doesn't do much, for saving on oil, well, I didn't participate, just get along with my little Taurus, keep just putting in enough money to keep it functioning and it get's good mph, too good for the clunker program.

That's good because I wasn't going to buy an new vehicle anyway . I'm trying to be frugal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This topic is better suited for FV's sister site: www.iquarrel.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12