roommates movingout?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default roommates movingout?

My roommate just informed me he put an offer in on a house, a block away from my house. Im happy for him, but wish he would have told me he was looking. Eek, gonna have to get use to paying for the utilties again. there goes the cable. well at least without them I know the electric/heat bill will be cut in half.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is a new room mate completely out of the question???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ouch!!!...I see South Dakota there. Know that can't be cheap utilities. Feel for you. Another roommate maybe?
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs!!! Maybe you can find another roommate like everyone else suggested?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Uh oh....hopefully he gave you a little bit of advance notice before he's moving out. Too bad he didn't prepare you for the news a little better (i.e. tell you he was looking). I would get another roommate and stat!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

funny, we're on the other side of that! we bought a house, gave our roomies PLENTY of notice and told them we would pay rent/utilities for Jan.

Her response? Since we leave them with "no way" to get 2 new roomates, she wants us to pay the equal amount of one persons rent for feb and march also!

Told me she will sue me for breach of a verbal lease if we don't pay. I have it in writing that her father told us we could sign a lease, but he somehow never got around to that. Her father still owes us for repairs and this house would have been condemned if not for the work we put into it.

The kicker: she has been my best friend since we were 14. Guess some people are so used to getting their way and would prefer $600 to a friendship. Too bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would start posting an ad for a roommate right away. Let any schools/colleges know you have an opening or ask to put something on their bulletin boards. Sometimes they will let you do that.

Put something on Craigs List.......if you WANT a roommate that is.

Akolb....sounds like you are in a mess. Anything signed at all? If you have given plenty of notice I don't see how she can sue you..........so much for that friendship!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post

Akolb....sounds like you are in a mess. Anything signed at all? If you have given plenty of notice I don't see how she can sue you..........so much for that friendship!!
    Nope, nothing in writing. Her daddy's a lawyer so I'm sure she's trying to scare me for all she can. I'm going to consult with a lawyer about how to handle this. She's basically immature and used to everyone giving her what she wants.

...utilities are in my name. Think I'll "forget" to mention I'm cutting them off until the day before. Mean, I know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like another roommate, but its hard to find a good one, in this small of town. Less than 2,000 ppl here. Ill have to see what I can find.This was my cousin, and I could trust him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by akolb View Post
    funny, we're on the other side of that! we bought a house, gave our roomies PLENTY of notice and told them we would pay rent/utilities for Jan.

Her response? Since we leave them with "no way" to get 2 new roomates, she wants us to pay the equal amount of one persons rent for feb and march also!

Told me she will sue me for breach of a verbal lease if we don't pay. I have it in writing that her father told us we could sign a lease, but he somehow never got around to that. Her father still owes us for repairs and this house would have been condemned if not for the work we put into it.

The kicker: she has been my best friend since we were 14. Guess some people are so used to getting their way and would prefer $600 to a friendship. Too bad.
    Most states do not honor a verbal lease/promise...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe Ill be putting my house up for sale sooner than I thought..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sommersa View Post
    Maybe Ill be putting my house up for sale sooner than I thought..
    Can you afford it on your own? Feel for you, really do. Sure you have already crunched the numbers. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4