So what have you cut out of the budget to done to save recently??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased the diva cup last month. So tired of having to spend money on monthly supplies. It was really liberating once you get used to it.

I have actually lowered my household and food budget by $30 per month. To stay in budget this month I went to CVS and purchased almost all CVS brand items to stay on budget. Worked out great since I used a coupon for $5 off. And somehow ended up with $5 extra bucks back at checkout.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just called today and got rid of my bank fee of 14.00 a month. The old account gave me free checks, whick I didn't even know and never got anymore free except the first time. And it lowered the amount I could get out of an atm in a day from 1000.00 to 500.00 not a big deal I have never taken that much out at an ATM anyway. And my card won't be gold, oh well. I would rather not pay the 14.00 bank fee.

I just got off the phone with att/cell phone and canceled the insurance on three of our phones. That may sound nuts but all the phone are old and it is still a 50.00 deductable and they only give a refurbished one. All of our contracts are up so I think I just want to go get a "go phone" from walmart and not re-up the two year contracts. So far now that is what I am doing. It will save 15.00 a month. Also for no more money we get unlimited any mobile to mobile calling even out of network. Works for me and does not go against my minutes.

I still have to cancel AOL which is 11.99 a month.

Thats the changes for today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing yet, but it's been on my mind lately. I'm feeling the need to start tightening our grip again.

After we paid off our debt (still got the house), I feel like we went crazy for a bit. We still are out of debt and saved money in that time, but still I'm feeling uneasy about it lately. I think frugal fatigue is real. I think we finally got it out of our system.

I've been reading my tightwad gazette more lately and I'm getting back the frugal mindset. I announced to the family last night that we are going back to our frugal ways!! I was surprised that I didn't hear any complaints! When I thought about it, I realized why. They love the food made from scratch!!
    Last edited by frugrrl; 03-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bumplett - I am VERY tempted to try cutting my own hair (w/ husband's help). I last had it cut around Christmas and it's just now getting to the length that bothers me. Normally I would get it cut professionally again in July so that is what, four full months of it being too long. I have hair cutting scissors even. And you're right - my hair grows SO fast, there's no reason not to at least try. I will let you know how it goes hahaha!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    I purchased the diva cup last month. So tired of having to spend money on monthly supplies. It was really liberating once you get used to it.

I have actually lowered my household and food budget by $30 per month. To stay in budget this month I went to CVS and purchased almost all CVS brand items to stay on budget. Worked out great since I used a coupon for $5 off. And somehow ended up with $5 extra bucks back at checkout.
    I'm curious you send $30 a month on feminine hygiene products?

I bet the diva cup does save you money.

I must have light periods as I normally go though a box every month and half. do about $6 or so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be buying the creclip for anyone that uses it is it easy. I will give an update once I use it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo... I can't wait to hear the review! I saw someone else's post and googled it. I might be buying one.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

serenity, It's SUPER easy. Took me a whole 2-3 minutes to cut my hair, and it came out better then some of the cuts I've gotten a discount cutters. I would not be unhappy if given this hair cut from a hair cuttery or something similar.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i have gone to liability insurance on my car now, dropped collision and comprehensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I recently had a friend come to me and ask for money saving tips as their income has taken a big hit. I was thrilled because I love to share $ saving tips with anyone who will listen, lol! In doing so it has given me a renewed motivation to find lots of deals for her (and myself while I'm at it ). I'm teaching her couponing, budgeting, and lent her my TW Gazette books (all three). She had never heard of them and now can't put them down and calls me excitedly with all the new things she is learning and implementing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I'm curious you send $30 a month on feminine hygiene products?

I bet the diva cup does save you money.

I must have light periods as I normally go though a box every month and half. do about $6 or so.
    I'm going to try real hard not to give TMI here - but consider yourself lucky.

I tried a divacup, didn't work well for me due to being too heavy.

I go through a full box & some each month.

I try to stock up when they are on sale & have coupons - I HATE to have to pay full price for something that's going straight down the drain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just lowered the amount I spend on HBA and groceries. Nothing to do with getting the diva cup. I still save every month from not having to purchase feminine hygene products since the diva cup will last for years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of awesome ideas! I cut $9 off our ins a month. Not much but still adds up in a year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let's see...
    * shave the giant schnauzer at home
    *No garbage pickup
    *No soda
    *Cut the guys hair
    *Cook from scratch
    *Make 1 trip to town a week for food and supplies
    I'm really trying, hopefully I get great ideas from everyone here!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast