We Just Got Ross's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default We Just Got Ross's

Two locations opened up here. I guess they are from Cali.

DH and I went last night and the first thing I said was it looks just like a TJ-Max or Marshalls. The cashier said that is exactly what they are, but only cheaper.

DH bought a leather coat for 30 bucks. (much needed) and a Levi's wallet for 8 bucks. (much needed) I refrained from a Kenneth Cole purse. *very hard*

I didn't even hit the clothes because I was so excited to see the big jars of Yankee candles for 9.99! My house smells wonderful.

I'm sure the newness will wear off, but just excited.

Anyone have one, shop there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like Ross.................(if I have to shop).............but I like TJ Maxx and Marshalls too..........again, if I have to go.

Haven't been in any of them in a long time. Used to shop TJ Maxx in Calif. all the time!!

They would send me to training close to one---I would draw all my perdiem ahead of time-------then stay at a Motel 6------have extra $ and shop TJ after work!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of Ross stores around here. I've found some better than others but on the whole, I like them. Sort of like a garage sale with new items. I particularly like their housewares stuff. Stores here offer a 10% discount to those over 55 on Tuesdays. I don't like TJ Maxx but Marshall's is good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a TJ maxx here love it but don't go very often for it in mall on other side of town from where i live now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used to shop at Ross years ago. Not sure what it is like now. When I am at Marshall I like to look at the shoe section. Clothes wise I can get the same clothing at the thriftstore for cheaper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a Ross here. I got some good things there a few years back but haven't seen anything good the few times I've been in there lately. I recently found out they are putting a TJ Maxx in the same stripmall that Ross is in. I may stop in and check it out someday.

I was on the east coast last month visiting my mom and I looked in a couple TJ Maxx and Marshalls while I was there. I did find a lightweight down coat that I got, but not much else. When I was there visiting my mom several years ago I got a bunch of really nice clothes cheap at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, but it didn't seem as good nowadays.

This year I've gotten so many nice clothes at yard sales that I haven't been shopping retail, or even the thrift stores. I don't even go there to look around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have several Ross stores here. If you shop early in the morning they are fine but try going later in the day or on the weekend and all you see is a mess!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ross can be good, although they typically get items that have some sort of minor defect. I didn't realize until I got home that two shirts had off-center logos, while a button-down shirt had a button missing. Not that it mattered much, but it's something to keep an eye out for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, went to Joann Fabrics and there was a Ross near by so went in. Found some packages of different scented body lotion for $3.99. Bought two boxes so my x-mas shopping is finished. Anyone else is getting a giftcard which I can pick up at CVS. Glad I found the lotions and also found two pairs of shoes. Then I stopped walking around since I didn't want to spend anymore money. It has been years since I was in that store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had a Ross open up here near us recently as well, about 3 months ago. It is actually in our mall. I went to see what all the hype was about and while I do think most of their prices were decent it was a mess, the layout was poor, and there really wasn't much merchandise in the huge store. Since they had just opened I gave them a couple of months and went back in about two weeks ago. I got the same impression and thought "ALL the thrift stores I shop in are cleaner and better to shop in". Looking into it's big wide doors from the mall it does NOT look like anything else in there. It's like my oldest DS's room compared to the rest of the house, which is why we keep his door closed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have two Ross stores within 5 miles - one north, one south. Both in strip malls. The north store, which is actually in an extremely nice area, is a mess most of the time. Junky, poor inventory. Stuff strewn out in the aisles in the housewares and bedding departments. You really have to pick through things. Sizes are frequently mixed up on the racks.

The south store is much the opposite. A bit junkier looking that your Dillard's or Macy's but not bad at all. Aisles a bit wider it seems, clean looking, stock on shelves or hung appropriately on racks and in the correct size categories for the most part. Surprisingly, that store has never seemed to be as busy as the junky store. Maybe it was just the time of day I shopped?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have Ross and Marshall's both in the same mall. One month Ross is better...next month Marshall's is better. Overall I guess I like Marshall's better but started off liking Ross's best.
    Have them all over Florida and been in a lot of them. A few were dumpy but not many. More cluttered from people just dropping stuff where ever than anything. All were clean as far as clean goes. Was only in TJ Max a couple times in Ohio before we moved. It was ok. Marshall's owns TJ Max.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are those stores like Winners? The winners in Edmonton is hit or miss...lots of old stuff mixed in with new...got to dig lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do not know what Winner's is like. But I do think it is a hit or miss at Ross or any of the other stores mentioned. Just like it is hit or miss at the thriftstore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

These stores get what other stores don't sell. Marshall's even advertises that fact on TV. Pretty girl saying her job is buying up the stuff that the high end stores don't sell and getting it cheap and passing on the savings to YOU! So yeah, it's hit or miss depending on what's selling and not selling in these "high end" stores.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4