frugal baby shower
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default frugal baby shower

Having a baby shower f or my daughter in august. For around
    50 people. Have the menu set need help with decorating not good wit that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

String up clothes lines along the walls (and maybe across the ceiling if it is high enough) and hang up cute thrift store baby clothes in varying sizes. I have seen it where they did all one size on each of the walls and I have seen where they did varying sizes. I think it depended on how many sizes they had in each size.

Buy large vases and put cute printed baby blankets in them. Wad them up in the vases in pretty way.

Buy large vases and put random baby items in the vases (diaper pins, baby blankets, clothe diapers, burp rags, pacifiers, sippy cups, baby bowls/plates/utensils, etc). Arrange the items in a pretty way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would make it as simple as possible, really and truly it seems so silly to spend $$ on favors that people won't use etc. You can use canning jars, burlap, ribbons, etc. shop thrift stores or borrow some vases or canning jars from someone. Maybe walk thru Joanns or Michaels just to get ideas on how to do decorate frugally.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u very much

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Go up on pinterest and see if you can copy for FREE someone the ideas. I bet there is stuff in the house you can use. Maybe Paige has a friend or 2 who would lend you some baby items for it to decorate w/?
    I like the canning jar idea. Just put a few baby items in them w/ bows and pink or blue tissue paper.
    JMHO but I don't want a plant or candy to have to take home. Make cupcakes instead of a big cake? I always think about 3 games w/ a couple winners each? Maybe get some Dollar Tree candles and wrap them like pink or blue flowers.
    Or wrap 2 boxes w/pink/blue balloons and do a reveal for the babies gender. Take votes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u very much

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my very personal opinion, but I hate the games at showers. So does everyone else I know. I can't remember the last shower game I played at a shower. Maybe it's just not done around here anymore.

As to decorating, I would definitely use items that the baby's parents can use. No stork cutouts on the walls, etc.

Dollar Tree has baby shower paper goods you can use, along with disposable tablecloths. Everything there costs $1, and some of the items are quite pretty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo... I like the canning jar idea!!! Way better (and more reusable) than the big vases.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-must admit I wouldn't know whats current as far as games goes. We always used them to warm up people and bridge diff.groups together. But no one had to do it either. What I didn't like was when you didn't know the bride or mom to be and the games could only be answered if you knew a bunch of childhood personal stuff. That leaves some people out. Now i want to ask DD but she's at work until tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you seen the diaper cakes? Cute decor and useable for the mama to be!! Google it. Balloons, streamers, favors can just be some mnms.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

IMO.. use cloth tablecloths, pretty platters & napkins, decorated cake, a punchbowl, .... Use your gift with a gorgeous bow centered on your cloth covered table as the decoration for gift table. Clean your house, light a few candles, maybe a new hand towel for the bathroom, fluff the pillows, fold the TV blankets, and clean some more. Maybe a few balloons tied to your mailbox or front door. Maybe a homemade corsage using a binky for the mom to be. In other words.. make what you're using special. Have your house looking great, and your tables as beautiful as the mom to be. No other decor needed-clean house & pretty tables. Believe me-people look.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You said there's 50 people coming. Is this outside or inside?
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Inside that is the guest list. 2 families, army buddies, college friends, Co workers, besties, my friends. So it is a lot Of people. I figure if we invite 50, 30 will show up. The crib decked out will be the big decoration.... diaper cake, the cake, . My crystal punchbowl. The rest I am leaving up to the other hostesses. I am making chicken salad smmmies, ham and swiss, turkey roll up, dorito salad, ranch and bacon pasta salad. The fruit crib wi t h home made dip. Cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, marshmallows fluff and eagleS milk. And that is enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u for the advice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got decorations from Dollar General, including the plates and napkins. Most of them are a dollar a package. Pair that with one of their 5/25 store coupons and they are pretty cheap. We got clear forks, invitations (American Greetings) and balloons at Dollar Tree.