digital magazines free through library
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default digital magazines free through library

I love my library but have gotten frustrated with how long you have to wait for an e-book. It's quicker to get the print version. Today I noticed a "periodicals" tab on the e-book page. My library uses Overdrive program for e-titles. I clicked on that and there were over 1000 magazines available to download, no waiting. All I had to do was get the free Nook app on whatever device I wanted to read them on. I have a very old Nook that isn't charged and an iPad mini that wasn't charged, either. I put them on my iPhone, the pictures are crystal clear but the print was too small for me. So I'm hoping I will like them better on the Nook or IPad mini. The only part I'm not sure about is whether you have to go to the site weekly or monthly to get the latest issue or if it automatically arrives. The New Yorker was there, I don't subscribe because the cheapest I could ever find it was $99 a year. there are so many popular women and men's choices, plus every hobby or topic of interest you can think of. Oh and they never expire, you have to manually delete them. Hope this helps someone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my library's e-lending program as well! I love to borrow craft books and information books, but fiction I still prefer to hold a book in my hand. However, I have saved a lot of money by digitally borrowing books that I would have otherwise bought (used) from Amazon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I only buy e-books to fill up my Nook for vacations, because there is usually not one book left in my library's e-book section that I would want to read. So at home I read library books and magazines I get really cheap. Had I known I could get them on my Nook for free, I'd be thrilled