Savers Club - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Savers Club

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found $75 in the monthly budget. It all counts right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The problem with paper and pencil is that only one person can carry the notebook at a time. I travel a lot for work, and although it would be nice if one of us didn't spend anything for the week the other one is gone, I don't really see that happening. But what we are looking for is really nothing more fancy than an online budget book.
    Debt: -$60 000
    Savings: $43 200
    Net total: -$16 800

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use an Excel spreadsheet. I'm not tech savvy... can you both share that sort of thing?

Finished our Emergency Fund! For this year's goal. Stopping all contributions to EF for now, until we have the Christmas Fund saved up for again (we used that money along with some from EF to pay for my car repair). Started the Christmas Savings today. 1/3 of the way done.

DH is worried about the coming winter months, work wise. It is already freezing outside. It was -2 this morning, and only making it up to 7* today. We've heard the snow is starting this month and it's going to stay. Ack! Work will probably be slowwwwwwwwww. Thank God he has banked hours, but he doesn't want to use them all because then he needs to refill the "bank" (he works crazy hours int he warmer months and builds up for the winter). I'm rambling here, sorry. Trying to do my best to keep spending down, and savings up. Trying not to get nervous like he is. Gotta keep it under control! Going to start stockpiling too. Mostly meats and easy but cheap dinners. We have a big upright freezer that needs to be filled. All while trying to keep costs down. ack!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH and I agreed on a spending freeze for the rest of the month. We were going to go tree shopping (to plant on our property, we "need" it badly) this weekend and have some trees planted this fall, but decided it can wait. We will keep that money sitting in savings, just in case.
    I got my crochet products in to a local shop here! Brought them in this morning. Also took my website live! Exciting things. I am also expanding my products, and going to start making baby quilts and whatnot. My mom is lending me a sewing machine for now, and I'm getting started very soon! I'll have to buy fabric for this rag quilt I want to do... but it doesn't count against the spending freeze if it's for business, right? Hopefully it will sell at the coming craft show.

To all my fellow Canadians - Happy Thanksgiving! Feeling very blessed, and wish you the same! Have a lovely weekend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sold a few more items. While I am not making the big bucks I am adding to my inventory day to day. My patterns and kits are popular.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gaja-Dh is not the acct. type and has no interest in running the bills. I handle all the money and budget. We agreed early on that he makes it and I alot it. Has working w/ improving success for 30 yrs. He gets a copy of the projected budget every month followed by the actual money spent. He is encouraged to input and let me know what coming up needs wise. (glasses,tires,etc.) He is happy w/ a small allowance. He has a CC for emergencies and shopping out. We communicate if a purchase over $50. comes up w/o plan. This works for us. Neither 1 of us feels deprived. He used to be out of the loop and misuderstood how far his pay went but over the last 5 years he has learned more. Its an ever evolving process.
    If he ever wanted the CC statements are online and the banking too but I keep our actual spending in paper and pencil. The book never leaves the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still use a columer pad. It just works for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, you and your DH sound like me and mine! We work very much the same way, and it works well. There just HAS to be communication, or the budget goes bananas because he has no idea where we stand on how much we can spend. Works well for us!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another part broke on our lawnmower. Crucial, as the wheels were bending in because of it. DH was able to order the part, and he will fix it himself (thank you youtube! and our mechanic neighbor I'm sure will help if needed too!)..... for less than $14! Go DH! We've only got to cut the grass one, maybe two times til end of season. But we are REALLY hoping and praying the mower lasts us another season!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

our R.O. water tank blew 3 parts today and DH fixed it for $33.ish.
    We bought a car cash tonight 2015 6 months old. We will check out the old car and let DD buy it cheap if its safe. That wasnt $33.00

And yes youtube rocks.
    That is where I learned super couponing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good job FW!!

I wish coupons were worth it here in Canada. No super couponing here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cares-not to worry,its pretty much over here now too IMHO mostly due to the IDIOTS that went on tv for the shows and told everything they know. I used to rock the pharmacy transfer coupons (get $25.in groc. to transfer a prescription). I bought $30. ones off the internet and used 8 per month for awhile.

The best I seem to do lately is Petsuppliesplus.com lets you stack in store coupons w/ up to 3 and also sales at my store.
    And I get $30. average for running all charges I can thru my CC. and of course paying no interest by full ballance payoff 2x a month (per pay period previously).

Adding rice to the chicken and stuffing dinner from last night. 1 chicken and stuffing breast was 1/2 off.

Super excited DD just gave me a discount card for 10-15% off groceries at the store she works at-WhAAA hoo. I dont think it applies to sales though unfortunaltely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess the crazy couponers kinda screwed themselves over for fame eh? Too bad you just can't coupon the same anymore though.
    THat is awesome for the discount card!!! That will really add up!

We have snow! It is beautiful, if not kinda early. Going to go play in it and have some fun! DH is working today, which is great since it's been slow. We've been doing well with our spending freeze. I stocked up on meats and whatnot too. This week half our bills came out, but next week should be a good one for savings since most bills are out.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH is still not finding anything. It is troubling. 30 yrs. unemployed 1 time and now 2x in 1 yr. not of anything he did!! Got his last check and put 2500. away but will be grabbing back $750. or so for ins. for vehicles in about 2 weeks.

We so debated about buying the car but since we wont have payments and he has waited 7 yrs. using the kid transportation car I went for it. This should last another 10-12 years which could take Dh to 67 y.o and then we will share a car in retirement IF we can both still drive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry you guys are having a hard time getting work for your DH, FW. It is really tough out there. I used to be a job counselor (3 years ago) and back then it took many a good year to find work. All the best to you, I hope something is achieved soon!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast