Big life changes
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Big life changes

Haven't posted in a while. So many things have changed. So many things are going to change. I need to get back to my frugal roots.

I moved out a week before Christmas. It was coming, I just needed a push. That came in the way of my sweet aunt being gunned down at random in the middle of the night on the interstate. That day my daughter came and helped me load up and move out. Decided on that day that life is too short, and you never know what may come. No way was I going to be miserable or unhappy any longer, cause you never know what might happen tomorrow.

So I left a house full of stuff, just took clothes and a few things, and moved into my daughters house in the same town. Her hubby got transferred away so this house is up for sale. Actually, there is a showing today, in about 5 hours.

I had outfitted my van to be able to live out of if I needed it, so that was my backup plan. However, jobs around this area are scarce, so the possibility of moving was imminent. Ex boyfriend offered to buy my house full of furniture, I took him up on this. Pretty much foot loose an fancy free.

I had been planning since last year to hit up Quartszite, AZ in January, and I kept to that plan. Life might be chaotic, but I was going to this gathering no matter what. So I did, spent a few weeks there, got to meet a lot of cool people and see some amazing things. I went, alone, in my van, and had a blast.

So, now that I'm back, it's time to work on the income thing. Things aren't scary, yet. I had a month or maybe two before it got dire. Getting to live here, rent free, and take care of things. But when it sells, I'm without a house.

Well anyways, yesterday I had some things pretty much just fall into my lap. Came in the way of a meddling sister with connections. I needed a job, found one. I needed to figure out how to live in the weather conditions with my aging dog (who I refuse to give up), I found it. It's really hard for me, though, to accept that sometimes people want to just be nice.

Here's the deal.. sis's father-in-law has a 5th wheel he just wants to get rid of, even said he'd give it to me. I'll pay him something for it, of course, so it will feel more like mine. Needs work, but it's actually pretty dang nice, and perfect!! Plus, he just expanded his business and needed to hire people, giving me a job at a beef jerky plant. Boom! Job. Boom! Place to live. Plus, it's out of this town with it's memories and nosy people. And an hour and half closer to where my daughter moved to.

I'll probably be parking this thing at an RV park and will be working for not much income. Cool with me, my needs are small and I know how to live cheap. Can always learn more, though, so I will be coming around more often. You guys are forewarned!!

As it stands, the only debt I have is a small amount on a credit card I used while traveling. My bills right now are a phone, Netflix, current internet (which I will turn off when I move and use their free wifi), insurance on two vehicles (liability, cheap, but will probably sell off one vehicle soon), and that's about it. I have a bit in cash until I start earning, so it's okay. Lot rent is reasonable, like $350 a month all utilities, not too bad. Also have the option of parking it for free at the jerky plant. Not sure which way I'll do it.

Anyways, that's the update from my world. You never know what life is going to throw at you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh to be single! How exciting for you. You should write a book.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy to hear you are doing ok and things are looking up.....sorry for another loss of a dear loved one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry about your aunt, Pammy. How awful. I hope for justice for her and peace for you and the rest of her family.

It sounds like things are working out for you otherwise, though. Not traditional but then you never are! Congrats on the new home and new job. Maybe sometime you can post pics of the new digs. It sounds perfect for you.

Glad you had a good time at Quartzite. I've heard about that gathering and it does sound fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pammy, I'm so sorry for you loss. It does sound like things are moving quickly and well for you. I hope the new place and new job work out really well for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry about Aunt, that is just a horrific thing to happen, just awful. However I admire your courage and strength to move forward in your life. Wishing you much happiness and peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, things still happening... such is life.

I decided to take a trip with my sisters and mom to south Texas. We loaded up in an RV and took off last Tuesday. Two sis's had a business thing, me and mom were left on our own for a few days. She got to meet up with 4 of her sisters, so it was all good. Then we drove to meet up with my other sister and stay with her a few days.

So out of my comfort zone on this, I didn't drive once, which is a biggy for me. Drank too much, but it was kinda vacation. Some pictures were taken, darn sisters, lol. But lived through it and we were all together finally.

While down there, got a call for an interview at a hospital in the town my daughter lives in, I'm leaving out in about 4 hours to drive down for this. Hope I get it!!

But, yes, still going to Vegas. Tickets and room already got in my name. I'll be an assistant, and this will be the guy I hope to get this 5th wheel from. If it works the way I hope, will have this 5th wheel in the same RV park where my daughter is so I can help her more. She's having a rough time of it.

Nervous about interview. More nervous about Vegas. I'm not a good flyer, will have to assist with the wine and dining that I'm so not good with, assist with a golfing expedition, hop in a limo (I get carsick) to head to Laughlin and be available with that fake looking business face that I'm so not used to. I don't even have the clothes for this.

But I need this new place to live...

So, there you go...

Hey, worse case scenario, I don't get this job, still live at the jerk plant.

I did also get an offer on a job at the south rim on the Grand Canyon, but they said no pets. That's why I am aiming for these others.

I will definitely post pics of my new digs if we can work out the deal and I can buy it. Lord!! I hope so!!! I love it already.

Okay.. til next time..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW!! Well....first I am so sorry to hear about your aunt....second I am glad you had the courage to make a move in your life versus remaining miserable in your house...third I am so happy about your prospective new living situation and job....GO FOR IT!!!
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending good thoughts and fingers crossed for the new job working out, and the fiver too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I checked I here this morning and saw your post. It brought back so many memories of you and the accomplishments you have made. I hope that many good things are in store for you, you deserve them. ❤️