reasons to shop at Aldi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default reasons to shop at Aldi

5 Reasons You Should Shop at Aldi-Kiplinger

this article leads to other articles like What Not to Buy At Walmart, etc. I learned from the articles, HTH someone else

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love Aldi's......I buy all my meat from Zaycon and the rest of my groceries I buy at Aldi's....once in a while I will pick up a few things at Krogers.....did I say I love Aldi's.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here a few new reason to shop at Aldi's

"ALDI, the nation’s low-price grocery leader*, announced that it
    has removed certified synthetic colors, removed partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) and removed
    added MSG
    from all of its exclusive brand food products."

https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/...ease_FINAL.pdf

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Here a few new reason to shop at Aldi's

"ALDI, the nation’s low-price grocery leader*, announced that it
    has removed certified synthetic colors, removed partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) and removed
    added MSG
    from all of its exclusive brand food products."

https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/...ease_FINAL.pdf
    MSG gives me a headache so this is great, thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an almost live-threatening allergy to MSG so this is super good news to me. I shop at Trader Joes, which hasn't had MSG in any of its food since they opened here. It's nice to not have to read labels so closely looking for that hidden in things. I used to not be such a fan of Aldi (crackers, baking mixes, soups, and tomato sauces were not something I enjoyed from there); however, lately, I've tried more things and been happy. I buy a lot of my produce from there now. Their organic stuff is just as good as the grocery store. And I've really liked all their bread items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooh, I wish all 3 Aldi stores 'near' us weren't 50+ minutes away! Love Aldi! I don't recall ever having any sort of issue with their products, save the produce. Produce seems so hit-or-miss, and their bananas are always weird in that they don't seem to ripen the same way ones from other stores do. Perhaps they are shipped/stored differently?

But the prices there can't be beat for their house name/generic stuff. Their frozen seafood is always an excellent deal. I buy 1 lb. bags of flounder and also salmon for under $4 a lb. Even my cheap preferred grocery store (Market Basket) can't touch that, and their frozen seafood is of a lesser quality.

Hubby actually recently came up with the idea to change which Walmart I hit once a month to grab cell phone cards. By changing to the one in the area I rarely frequent, I can hit the Aldi up the street there once a month while on a trip I was going to have to make anyway!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we live within 20 minutes of one, it's getting my family to try non-name brand food that will be hard.

I love our Trader Joes but it doesn't matter when you go, you wait at least 20 mins for a parking spot and people are mucho aggressive. They need a parking lot attendant, there have been fist fights.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Aldis somewhat near me is nasty. Their meat & produce was not good & I find that I don't care for their brands either. Sorry JMO

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Apparently, the individual stores differ quite a bit, not sure why. I have been in a couple that did not impress me, but the one close to me is fairly new & well maintained. I have shopped there a lot in the last year & find good produce every time. It is easier to get in & out than Krogers & the prices are great. If it has been a while since you shopped at an Aldi's, maybe try them once again, just a few items to see if things are better now than your last experience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am very lucky that I have 3 Aldi stores that are from 10 to 25 mins from my house. All of them are neat and spotless. I read stories about the nasty produce or meat. I save alot of money shopping there. The only thing I wish was they sold onions separately. It would take me forever to use a bag of onions.

I have shopped at Aldis for many years and although their prices are still low, I can see how the prices have gone up over the years.

Their fit and light brand is really good and lots of gluten free now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is good to know about the msg and organic items. I plan on stopping by the Sav-a-lot which is closer to me. But I should plan a trip to Aldi to see what is available once the weather is nicer. I could be worth the trip once in a while especially for organic food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love Aldi. I buy most of my vegetable produce there. Since we don't eat a lot of meat, we use a lot of vegetables and Aldi saves me so much. I don't care for the fruit. Dh is very picky about fruit, so I usually avoid it at aldi. There are several stores within 5-10 miles of me. The one closest isn't the best. The one near my parents is in a more run down area, but seems to be cleaner and have better produce. I buy cheese there when it's not cheaper at one of the other stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have one not any further than any of the others and closer than Wal Fart. When they first opened I went several times and once in a great while I still go. It's not for any other reason than it's on the opposite side of the road on my way thru town and I forget it's even there until on my way back from Wal Fart. Then I go dag gone it. I have nothing against it. I have only found a few things I wouldn't buy again such as their pizza. I thought it sucked. Oh and he didn't like their ice cream because he said it was to grainy.. whatever that means.

As far as their fruit and vegetables... no they aren't the biggest and prettiest but they're also not the higher price. Yes they do go bad quicker but that's because they're not waxed and "preserved" to be on the shelf longer. Key to that is just don't buy a crap ton at once.

Hubs used to love their soup. I couldn't stand the smell.

All in all I have no problem with doing MOST of my shopping there ... it's just that I forget it's there.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went yesterday and got their Cranberry/raspberry applesauce cups. The cardboard on the pkg wasnt holding so they marked this organic applesauce down. $1.49 to .99/6 cups and I took it all. I take the paper apart anyway. That is the kind of stuff I love.
    They had beautiful big potatoes,fresh large celery,enormous heads of broccoli-got 2. The oranges were nice and I got 2 bags. I hate their bananas so I get those at Kroger. I love that they now take CC's.
    The clearance is really cheap. I got peanut brittle .25 a box after Christmas. Our is getting a lot better quality things now and I am very happy about that.

Meats I never buy there w/ the exception of our holiday turkey and hams.
    I dont like any of their dairy,eggs tend to be small. Its a pick and choose kinda place. Ou also will do better if you a flexible eater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big Aldi news- they now accept credit cards. Supposedly, this will not change prices...we'll see.

Not a game-changer for me, but how nice it would have been if this had started a few weeks earlier! I hit Aldi when down that way for DS's surgical check-up, loaded up my cart and went to pay...only to discover my debit card was no good. Someone had tried to steal my info and use it a few weeks earlier, and the bank had blocked it, frozen my card, and never notified me. Grrrrrrrr.I hadn't tried to use my debit card since the block and I had no idea! I didn't have cash on hand and the card couldn't be unfrozen even to hit an atm or complete the transaction, so I had to leave a full cart of food as I had no way to pay. Had they accepted credit cards THEN, it would have been no problem.

I was absolutely mortified and furious with my bank, though I did manage not to bite the head off of the teller that helped me straighten it out later that day! But now that Aldi accepts credit cards like every other retailer, I can rest assured that won't happen to me again.

Also great news for next month when my card's 'extra' rewards apply to groceries. I can shop Aldi and get the 5% cash back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast