It's No Spend March
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default It's No Spend March

At my house anyway lol. I came into the new year with so many budget goals, many of which flew out the window during the first 2 months. So I am trying my best to get back on track. My biggest budget busters are take out meals, usually once a week, Things to decorate my planner (stickers, washi tape, new inserts etc). I have been putting back my usual ammount each month (Christmas money/property taxes), but haven't been putting back any extra like I planned. So this month it's bills and groceries only. Wish my luck in getting back on the frugal train!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wish you luck.

I'm in the same boat as you~ spent so much money on take out food last month that I'm ashamed to even mention the dollar amount and this is so out of character for me... in my defense my husband out of the blue decided to take me to Red Lobster for Valentines Day this never happens but I'm not going to complain...then dh was craving sushi the following week and that's sooo not cheap..then my youngest son had a Birthday last month and he requested sushi for his special dinner...

So this month I wanted to play catch up as we have many home improvement's that we need to save for to reach our goals for 2016...then we got hit with a unexpected $400 tire purchase the first day of march so I really need to try to save whatever money this month..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW this post could not come at a better time!!! I am soooooo far behind on my $$ goals which I had set Jan 1st...and yes it is NOT my fault...my city offered to pay 50% of the cost for my sidewallk to be repaired and I took them up on the offer..

.well I got to thinking ( which can be dangerous) and decided to have my gravel driveway paved...and then I decided since the outside was looking good I HAD to have crown molding in my kitchen

...which led to a new counter top and faucets and flooring and cabinets...and of course I decided I did not have enough kitchen counter space so I had a dining room work station built with another 4 feet of counter space...well the kitchen looked so good I went on to the bathroom and got a new tub surround and faucets and crown molding...

Well...the bedroom started begging for crown molding and additional room so I got crown molding and a buffet for in there...things have just got totally out of hand!!!

I NEED HELP!! laughing...soooo although I still have my $$ goals...I have no money...time to get back on the frugal bandwagon!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And yes I have been eating out wwwaayyy to much and I had surprise company in Feb and spend too much money with them...
    IT IS SERIOUSLY TIME TO TAKE MYSELF IN HAND!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck Swoosie! You can do it!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's the 17th and so far so good. I have paid bills, bought only the groceries and pet food that I need. I splurged once on a Subway sandwich but I didn't beat myself up about it lol.