Frugal Aesthetics

View Poll Results: Are Aesthetic Upgrades and Frugality Mutually Exclusive?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%
  • Other

0 0%
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal Aesthetics

Does it make any sense to try to combine one's desire for frugality with making aesthetic improvement's to one's home or vehicle? Are the two things mutually exclusive?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I furnished my apt. very frugally with thrift store and yard sale finds, and I love everything in it. It is the nicest collection of household goods I have ever had since I was a little kid.

Not sure what kind of aesthetic improvements I would make to my vehicle??
    Make America Kind Again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No, I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Improvements don't have to mean spending money and buying stuff. Just think how your home or yard improves when you keep it clean and tidy. You can make your home more inviting and pleasant by removing clutter and donating unused items. If the weather is nice, open a window for some fresh air and light. You can improve the experience inside your car by removing any trash, wiping down the inside windows and surfaces, and getting an inexpensive air freshener.

There's an old saying, "sometimes less is more." Look up some websites on minimalist or simple living. It's not about giving up things, it's about focusing on what is important to you.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes plus not being trendy I follow a blog of a local designer called Maria Killam who gives lots of colour advice. just the right paint colour makes the world of difference. that the really expensive homes actually have all white timeless kitchens.

getting quality pieces and just changing things like pillows and knickknacks to get a new look. watch sales end of season esp for the deals. got an electric fireplace w mantel for 10% of original price of 750.00 so patience.