Name the newest frugal thing you've started, and the latest frugal thing you gave up.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Name the newest frugal thing you've started, and the latest frugal thing you gave up.

The newest frugal thing has been buying my clothes on ebay. The shipping is a bummer, but I've learned to stick with bids that are super cheap. I just won a brand new sweater (still in the package) for 99 cents!

The frugal thing I've given up is trying to share the phone line with my internet connection. DH has a side business, and it was causing some "tension" at home. (that's me...grumbling to dh that I work, cook and clean...I should be able to hop on line once in a while!) Alas, finally got tired of making that grumbly face.

Now DH face Me face

How bout you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great Question!

Newest frugal thing-baking more snacks for kids (bagels, breadsticks, etc)

Latest gone-short showers! I've got to have a nice long shower to function!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The newest thing I started is doing rebates at rite aid, I just got my first check back today, it was only 1.49, but it was for deoderant and it was free so hey great deal! (actually I made like 49 cents off that one!)

Newest thing I've dropped, trying to make sure I have a coupon for everything, and letting myself not get mad if I can't average out 33 cents or less per item anymore. It was really making me a wreck always thinking about the next deal i need to get and how much cheaper i would only buy it at. I am going to be much more relaxed and instead of trying to stock up on one great deal, i'll focus more on getting everything i need at the time at a great deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Newest frugal thing.......... got rid of some things on our auto insurance that we no longer needed and it lowered our rates.

Frugal thing we gave up.......... not spending any money on the yard. In the last month we've spent about $500 or so on landscape curbing and plants and palm trees for the front yard. BUT we paid cash!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good thread!

hmmm...Let's see...Well, the newest frugal thing I have began to do is register here! Hope that counts!

But, I hate to say that I gave up hanging out my laundry. I work, so it just got to be too much. I know it is a big money saver, but I honestly don't have the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Newest frugal thing I have started is shopping clearance sales for next Christmas~ already have 450$ WORTH of stuff for family that I have paid 75.00$ for. That is a savings of what, 75-80%? Plus I don't have to be in the malls when it is mobbed at Xmas time!
    The latest frugal thing I have given up has to be coupons and rebates...not because I wanted to, but because in Canada coupons and rebates aren't readily available and most sample sites and rebates are for U.S only ! But now I just try to use my price book more to compare for the lowest price!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Newest would have to be rebates at Eckerds and Walgreens,I can't believe I have never done this,figured I would get my grocery bill down even more.

I really haven't dropped this one but kinda slacked a litte,I used to make snacks for the kids and dh lunches every week but for about a month I haven't,we've been sick a couple of times,but I will soon get back on track cause I just got this huge cookie jar at a yard sale for $2,and it matched my flour and sugar jars bought at previous yard sales!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a great thread!!

The newest thing Ive started is couponing. Since we dont have double coupons I never got into them too much. Im learning now. And I recently got 34 bottles of Alever for free, lol So Im doing good!

The thing I havent really given up just slacked is making bread. I was doing so good then I got really sick and went into the hosptial about a month and half ago. After that I just havent felt like it.
    ~Michele~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The lastest frugal thing that we did was go over all our bills and see where we could cut back.....we cut out money on our cable, phone and power bills, as well as our insurance...... I have alos started refunding which I never did before...

mmmmm....I can't think of anything frugal that I gave up recently...I will have to get back to you on that one...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Latest frugal thing was ditching digital cable and going for basic and also switching to lower priced internet.

Latest not so frugal thing has been hobbies and shopping for baby.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The latest frugal thing would be stockpiling {something I was never able to do & will come in handy when my daughter moves on her own in a couple months & I move as well}

I can't think of anything I have given up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let's see-- the latest frugal thing would be couponing since I just started a few weeks ago. I also started bulk cooking about 2-3 months ago, so that is fairly new.

The frugal thing I have given up is not taking the tollroad to work. I have to take the tollroad both ways--otherwise I sit in traffic and get all stressed out! I'd rather pay the $$ for a quick way to and from work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The newest frugal thing I do is mystery shopping. It allows us to eat out once in a while for free.

The latest thing I gave up was refunding/rebates. It's so much work just to get $1.00 back, and you have to pay .37 for a stamp. Not worth it in my book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The newest frugal thing...made a list of meals (sort of like a menu but more flexible for us), defrosted the freezer and will be stocking up to keep gro. on hand to cook like a maniac.

One thing given up? I've quit battling dh over the thermostat. It's just not worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bumping this because I like the thread and want answers from current members.

New frugal thing for me: Gave up two XM radio subs, west coast feeds on satellite, and a car (no insurance, less gas with only on car....)

Frugal thing given up: Can't really think of any right now. We have had such bad luck financially speaking, we have just been tightening the belt more and more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast