Pamper yoursefl- frugally
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Pamper yoursefl- frugally

1. Facial Steam - Pour gently boiling water in a large bowl or pot. Drape a towel over the pot and your head, allowing the steam to really work its way into your pores. To make an extra special treat, add some fresh herbs - peppermint or chamomile would be my favorites.

2. Spend a whole morning or afternoon at the library. The library is one of my favorite places - filled with so many great books, magazines, CD's and even movies! But I'm partial to books, and can quite happily wander around the aisles for hours on end. I always come home with a bag full of great books to enjoy.

3. Sea Salt Foot and Body Scrub. You can buy expensive jars of Sea Salt scrubs, but it's so ridiculously easy to do yourself, why bother? Use sea salt, or kosher salt, and add a little bit of olive oil - just enough to slightly moisten. Or, just keep a small glass jar of these salts on your bathtub's edge. Use a handful, scrub all over your body in the shower, and rinse. It feels so wonderful! A foot scrub feels just as nice.

4. Trade massages with a friend. Massages don't have to beexpensive. Get a book (from the library, of course!) on basic massage techniques, and learn together. Then, use a little baby oil to give each other a nice, long massage. Remember to drink lots of water after to flush out the toxins.

5. Have a spa day at home! Well, I'm not a Mom, so maybe a whole day is pushing it for those of you who are. But try having some pampering time to yourself. Take a nice long bubble bath, with some scented candles lit in the bathroom. Then sip on herbal tea while you wait for your mud mask to work its magic. Enjoy yourself with
    some special 'me' time.

6. Curl up with a good book and a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. Can you tell I love reading? On a cold wintry day, this is one of my favorite things to do. A hot water bottle keeps my feet toasty, and I'm as comfy as can be.

7. Melt down bars of regular, unscented soap over a double boiler. Once melted, add a tablespoon of water, a handful of oats, some cinnamon and cloves. Pour out into molds, or even greased ice cube trays. Voila! Instant luxury spice soap!

8. For an easy, quick pick-me-up for sore and tired eyes, lay thin slices of cucumber on your closed eyes and relax for fifteen minutes. Or, grate an entire cucumber, and squeeze all the juice out into a small bowl. Cool in the fridge for at least ten minutes. Dip cotton balls into the cucumber juice, and lay on your closed eyes. So soothing!!

9. When your favorite movie is on TV, make sure to record it. Then, when you're in the mood to watch it again, you always have it on hand. Remember to make some popcorn! (And have Kleenexes on hand, if you like tear jerkers like I do!)

10. Fill your whole house with a wonderful scent by simmering a couple of cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon) and other spices in a pot of water on the stove. You can add a sliced orange or a sliced apple. It smells terrific!

Just because you're saving money doesn't mean you can't have lots of pampering goodies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the great ideas!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was relaxing just reading about pampering. I'll have to try the salt scrubs. I've purchased them before, but I've never made my own.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Denise. I pampered myself today. I'll post about it in a minute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks

I actually do the facial steam once a week! Its wonderful!!