Help!! Feeling tired and overwhelmed.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy depressed because of low funds

Amy
    I know how you feel. I feel more depressed because I have been job hunting all summer and still looking. My daughter starts school the end of August and I have no money to buy school clothes let alone supplies. My family lives on $990 a month and $140 goes into co-payments for medication and doctor's visit. I think you deserve a pat on the back and a giant hug from us all for the wonderful accomplishment you have made. At least you can see your situation is one I would like to have but don't. I envy you for your patiences to provide child care to other people. I am unable to because of my depression and panic disorder. I have trouble some times taking care of my very hyper energetic 7 yearold daughter. I send you a pat on the back and a cheer of appreciation for your success.
    for Amy for Amy

Sarah

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am surrounded by people of affluence everyday and it is tough. All my friends seem to always have the luck! They have nice new cars, houses, clothes, etc. It is SO HARD to not be jealous. But I have to try to not compare myself to them. Someone could be rich and famous and still be miserable. I am happy. I love my husband, I love my condo, I like my job, I am healthy, and I have family nearby. I need to remember that life isn't about stuff--it is about the people and relationships around us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Help!! Feeling tired and overwhelmed.....

I have 4 children and I have been babysitting three other children full time all summer. School starts in 2 weeks and I will lose 2 of the kids but I am not feeling too bad about it because I am ready for a little break. I counted up my money that I have saved and it is not near what I thought I would have. Granted, I have paid cash for any unexpected expenses and all the kids extra stuff but we are trying to get out of debt. This summer was suppose to fund the freedom account for all the extras for the rest of the year including christmas and I just don't see that happening. It's so depressing to come short to a goal we had. I know it's not the end of the world but I am getting tired of counting pennies. Does anyone else just get tired sometimes? I am trying to get motivated again but really all I want to do is go shopping lol. How do you all stay motivated to keep it up? Amy

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there! I know how you feel. It is so sad when you plan for things to go a certain way and then they are not what you expected. I always had plans of paying off my credit card and when I didn't do it, I got depressed and charged it back up thinking, "Oh well, what difference does it make" But that makes it even worse!

As hard as it is, try to think about the good instead of the bad. You did make some money, right? That is good. You did cover those unexpected expenses with your babysitting cash, right? Imagine if you didn't have that?

I think you did fund freedom! You didn't have to go work a yucky job all day, your kids were home with you instead of a summer camp or a babysitters, you were able to give loving childcare to other kids, etc. I think you did great!

You deserve much more credit than you are giving yourself!

You are getting a "virtual" hug from me {{{{HUG}}}} and a pat on the back! You did great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Betsy, thanks for the vote of confidence. That was so sweet and I am trying to look at the good side of things. I guess it is hard when it seems that things come so easy to some people and we have to work hard at the stuff we get. I am just jealous!!! I have friends that stuff just falls into place and we have to wait years to get those things. I am green with envy lol. I am counting my blessings...I am counting my blessings... I am counting my blessings. Thanks for your nice post!! Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know how you feel. Dh and I have financial goals that we seem to never meet. We want to be out of credit card debt, have an emergency savings account, and a freedom account. But, we love to shop too well. Sometimes I feel as if we will never see the day that we won't owe on a credit card. But, we can get there. You can too.

Make specific goals, and post them on your fridge or computer-somewhere you know you look everyday. This is something I plan on doing today. Also, I have started saving my change and $5-$10 a week in a change jar for our credit card debt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile I will be praying for you Amy and For you Sarah!! :)

I will be praying for you Amy and For you Sarah!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Have you read The Tightwad Gazzette? That always gets me motivated when I need a good read. Also The Millionaire Next Door (I saw this on Ebay or half.com for not much money...I paid 7.49 for my copy at Hastings) is VERY eye opening about who has money and who looks like they have money. We all get discouraged at times but if you keep your nose to the grind stone it will pay off. You may think at times you'll never get there but you will. Hang in there, it gets to be habit and you don't have to "work" so hard to stay focused. (((((hugs)))))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Betsy was very inspirational! She even inpsired me...lol!! Hang in there and keep your chin up!

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like you are making progress toward your goals, unfortunately, like everything else, its taking longer than expected--but progress is progress. Maybe you can do some after school care to fund the holidays... Good luck and keep your eye on the goal.