We are moving and need a bigger bed
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default We are moving and need a bigger bed

We are having to move by the end of the month unexpectedly. The house we are moving into we will be buying, but I am not sure when closing will be, sometime next month (we know the owner). Anyway, my question is.. we have a full sized bed and it is really cramped. My son is in a crib, but at 29 months, he will be out of it soon. I was thinking of giving our daughter the full bed, handing down the twin bed to our son and buying us a queen. Anyone know where I should look and not spend a fortune? I also need to get some blinds for the new house, there are tons of windows and it is Very bright without something on them... I have to move on my own with the two kids, DF is deployed... so I am trying to make it as painless as possible. Help please! thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

You can go to craigslist.com and find the board for your area. Then check the "free" section, the "furniture" section and the "household" section. I check the "free" section for our area several times a day - it is not unusual to see free beds, appliances, carpet, and who-knows-whatall posted. If you don't find what you are looking for on that board, check the others. I have even seen brand-new mattress sets posted, purchased but never used, for 100.00 - 200.00. You just never know!

Good luck! And enjoy your new home!

Blessings,

Michelle

Edited to add: Just a warning for your own protection. When dealing with strangers and going to a location to view an item or pick it up, I would make sure that your husband or a male friend is with you. I wonder sometimes about "predators" looking for ways to ensnare the trusting souls in the world...

M.
    Last edited by ohsandohs; 07-16-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Adding to what Michelle just said, I have pull down rollar shades that I got from Lowe's. At $12 a piece I think they are still more affordable than most venetian blinds. I also like them because they remind me so much of the vintage style. Hope you can find what you're looking for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, I will look into both craigslist and Lowe's for window shades. It has been a stressful week. I will have to find a male to go with me if I go to view anything. My DF is deployed. Have a good evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Freecycle is sometimes a good place to look too

I would also call around mattress stores & ask if they have 'mismatched' mattress sets. We once got a (full-size) mattress & box springs set for $250 because the fabric on them were not the same. Who cares though? They are going to be covered with bedding and a bedskirt is cheaper than a matching box spring lol.

Good luck!