Yes! I did better on groceries!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Yes! I did better on groceries!

My husband and I are horrible with budgeting, but recently I decided it *HAS* to be done. Today I went grocery shopping with calculator in hand. I'm happy to say that normally we spend about $300 a month not including our trip to Sam's Club and that's only for 2 adults and one baby (it DOES include baby food, but not formula). But today I made a trip and normally would have spent about $120, but walked out spending $64, saving $12 in card savings and coupons. Not as great as some of you here, but considering we got enough groceries for at least a week and a half, closer to two weeks - that is *AMAZING* for us. Too bad I hadn't tried this last week when we spent $140 and we didn't even have enough to last a week and a half.

I'm so proud of myself Had to share!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG! every bit helps along the way!

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is excellent! You did a great job shopping and saving money too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

dont you just love that? i try to make it a game to see how much i can save. most people say put the savings in the banck put when i dont have money for food spending as little as possable is a must.dont forget you dont just have to buy at a grocery store..cvs and walgreens sometimes has good deals on stuff you may need. i know eggs this week are a buck. hum..remeber when they were like 75 cents?oh those were the days...but yeah way to go. you will be hooked on coupons and samples and everything real soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you!! Isn't it fun?!?!? I get a real "high" from walking out knowing that I saved a ton with sales and coupons. You mentioned that you knew it wasn't as much as some of us save....one thing to remember, is that most of us have been doing this for a long time. I have been a "pshycotic" couponer/refunder for about 15 years...so I have had a bit of practice. You will get to a point where you don't even have to think about it - it will just happen naturally!! Any step you make towards saving money is a huge stepping stone! Great job!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job! I'm proud of you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice job!
    Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by IntlMom View Post
    Good for you!! Isn't it fun?!?!? I get a real "high" from walking out knowing that I saved a ton with sales and coupons. You mentioned that you knew it wasn't as much as some of us save....one thing to remember, is that most of us have been doing this for a long time. I have been a "pshycotic" couponer/refunder for about 15 years...so I have had a bit of practice. You will get to a point where you don't even have to think about it - it will just happen naturally!! Any step you make towards saving money is a huge stepping stone! Great job!!! Keep up the great work!!!
    Well I think that one other problem I have with this is that most coupons seem to be for convenience foods, which overall we eat hardly any of. For instance, today I only used one coupon and although it worked out great for me (ended up paying .50 for a 4 pack of natural strawberry yogurt for the hubby), it was really the only one in the entire paper that we would have used. When we didn't eat as many whole foods as now I was saving tons with coupons, but now it seems harder and harder to do

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mama.hawkins View Post
    Well I think that one other problem I have with this is that most coupons seem to be for convenience foods, which overall we eat hardly any of. When we didn't eat as many whole foods as now I was saving tons with coupons, but now it seems harder and harder to do
    I agree and have the same problem. We do not eat toaster pastries, speggti-os, hamberger helper etc which is what the coupons are often for. Keep looking and exploring, the coupons are out there.

Great job by the way at the store!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Way to go Christi! I agree about coupons. I figure if there's a coupon for it, there's a way to make it a lot cheaper and healthier at home. So far I've been proven right. I don't bother with coupons now. Though they did act as a guide as to where to focus my cooking and baking energies at home!

Jean

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG !!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go! If carrying a calculator works for you, then I say continue with it!! However you can save, SAVE!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with you all about the conflict of coupons vs natural/whole foods. I lean very heavily towards the "whole foods" camp. The two sides of me are always at odds with each other. I find myself using coupons for alot of hbas and cereals and cleaning and dairy.....I don't even let myself cut out hamburger helper or spegettios or cream soup coupons, cause I know that I;ll cave and use them when I can get the stuff for free.....even if it;s stuff I don't want to eat........*sigh* having said that, last week there were .50 cent oatmeal coupons. i ordered several of them from a clipping service - now I am waiting for free oatmeal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast