I'm just so frustrated with it all...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I'm just so frustrated with it all...

For more than two years now we have been trying to catch up and even get ahead. And, it just never seems to change. We have cut and cut. We use a budget and have switched things around to allow us to pay off debt more easily. Yet every single time something happens. I just feel like Eyeore sometimes. Earlier this year we were making headway, enough money for bills and to pay down debt. Then in the middle of the summer DH's company cut overtime (overtime in this case was an assurety up till this time) and we lost nearly $400 of take home pay each month. They say after the New Year they will go back to having overtime again, but I'm not holding my breath. Since then most months we are breaking even and that is it. Grocery prices are going up so much that even though I scratch cook most of our foods I still struggle to get it under $400.

Basically, this month we were just really trying to hold on and get through December with two birthdays and Christmas. And then see what we can do next.

The icing on the cake - this morning I woke up and it was so cold in the house. Our thermostat is normally set to 64 overnight, the temperature in the house at 8am was 57 degrees. Our heat had stopped working!! It is blowing, but, only cold air into the house. This is the fourth time in 2 years we have had to have it worked on, not including the times DH has had to work on it. We are going to have to put the cost of the work on our equity line. There is no other option. If we are going to have to buy a new system that will have to go there also. Our debt load just keeps increasing I'm sitting here waiting for our heating and air conditioning guy to show up. The children are all bundled and we have the space heater running in the family room.

I am just sick with it all and feeling pretty defeated. Thanks for letting me vent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just hang in there! I know this all is alot to handle and it seems like it will never end. Just keep plugging away at it and th light at the end of the tunnle will come! I saw you have some money in your EF maybe you could apply some of that to the bill for you heater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry. I can say from experience though to jut keep plugging away. We had lots of setbacks paying our debt but we still got there and so will you.
    Even though it is frustrating just keep telling yorself how much better your future will be.

I agree with Yonkgirl. Use any ef money before an equity line.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there, I know it is rough.. I just said the same thing the other day.. but it is just a day. The sun will return and you will find a blessing in something you never thought you would see. Good luck and stay warm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can understand you frustration. Try to remember that right now you are making ends meet because of everything you are doing. That has to count for something. Just hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just hang in there! I feel the same way a LOT! Sometimes I look at the condition of my house and just want to keep walking by it! This is the year of the new bathroom, 4th year running. Something always comes up, or falls off, or breaks entirely...

I think you should acknowledge your frugal ways and how your hard work has kept your family in a much better financial position than if you just kept your blinders on to spending, rising prices, etc.

BTW I know some of the heating companies around here will set up payment plans for big jobs, no interest. I hope your DH gets the overtime again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

((((((hugs))))))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wanted to send you a big (((((hug)))))!! Hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs and hang in there. It's getting harder for alot of us. We will get through this!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

{{{{{Hugs!}}}}} I agree with the others...use your available EF if you have to, first. That's what they're there for. I think you can be thankful that, because of your frugal ways, you have those funds, and are doing as well as you are.

I hear you about being frustrated. We have no outstanding debt, but we have things we want to do with our money - like travel. And every time we get close to taking a trip, something happens and we have no money for it. It's extremely frustrating! So big {{{hugs}}} to you. Hang in there! It will slowly get better.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hugs to you. You've been doing such a great job at being frugal you have an EF to help out and this is what it is there for. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry about what you are going through.
    We are going through a similiar phase. We can all stick together and get through this. I have decided to keep plugging. Plug along with me and others in the same situation.
    As I said, we WILL get through this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's tough, but you'll make it through. Things always turn out in the end. Best of luck!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry, big hugs. I feel the same way sometimes but then the new day comes and I feel better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast